Post-Game Talk: Baby Habs vs. Baby Sens @ noon (Slaf & Guhle Will Play) (Game link in post #1)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Aaaww, the baby Habs have been hanging out together in August.

Looks like management is pushing a lot more for the players to hang out together outside of the ice/locker-room. I remember MSL saying that chemistry wasn't just something you built on the ice, so that might be part of it.

It starts in the room. Even with the Habs, Nick spent the summer here. You saw Cole stay a while. Anderson and Maillioux were around a lot, too.

A few weeks ago, Xhekaj, Slaf & Mesar were all at the CF Montreal game together.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The Ottawa prospect depth is definitely not what it once was. a lot of them have graduated.

Key prospects to watch on their team would be
LW- Angus Crookshank
C -Ridly Greig
RW- Roby Jarventie
C- Shane Pinto
LD- Jake Sanderson
G- Mads Sogaard
RW- Tyler Boucher
C -Zack Ostapchuk

Sanderson needs to introduction, Mads Sogaard is one of the top Goalie prospects in the NHL. While Boucher didn't do much last year I can see him wanting to impose himself on Slafkovsky as a way to prove himself to his team.

For this tournament They definitely seem to benefit a lot from mostly drafting NA players as it seems most of them are available for it

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

I prefer watching hockey in french even though I don't speak the language. The names are still called out the same but I don't have to listen to the idiotic ramblings from the commentators. The worst was Bob Cole and Harry Neale, Bob would butcher the names and ramble on about meaningless events while the play had long evolved into something else while Neale's pickled brain would misfire and eject utter nonsense from the flapping hole in the front of his head.

I suppose I still am exposed to mindless offerings in french but I don't know what they are saying and that is likely for the best.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I prefer watching hockey in french even though I don't speak the language. The names are still called out the same but I don't have to listen to the idiotic ramblings from the commentators. The worst was Bob Cole and Harry Neale, Bob would butcher the names and ramble on about meaningless events while the play had long evolved into something else while Neale's pickled brain would misfire and eject utter nonsense from the flapping hole in the front of his head.

I suppose I still am exposed to mindless offerings in french but I don't know what they are saying and that is likely for the best.
I don't like with these games how you don't hear the on ice play with the french games. It feels off.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

Oh you take that back! :cf:

Over the years, I've heard so many people state what you have about good old Cole. For some reason, I never really noticed. I guess I just made the corrections, automatically in my head lol

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Oh you take that back! :cf:

Over the years, I've heard so many people state what you have about good old Cole. For some reason, I never really noticed. I guess I just made the corrections, automatically in my head lol

He was incredibly bad but people were attached to the nostalgia that they associated with his voice.....based solely on his inability to call out the correct name or keep up with the play he was one of the worst if not the worst that I ever had to tolerate.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The Ottawa prospect depth is definitely not what it once was. a lot of them have graduated.

Key prospects to watch on their team would be
LW- Angus Crookshank
C -Ridly Greig
RW- Roby Jarventie
C- Shane Pinto
LD- Jake Sanderson

G- Mads Sogaard
RW- Tyler Boucher
C -Zack Ostapchuk

Sanderson needs to introduction, Mads Sogaard is one of the top Goalie prospects in the NHL. While Boucher didn't do much last year I can see him wanting to impose himself on Slafkovsky as a way to prove himself to his team.

For this tournament They definitely seem to benefit a lot from mostly drafting NA players as it seems most of them are available for it

Canadian players*

Most USA players are in the NCAA and thus unavailable (Tuch, Smilanic, Hutson, Biondi).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad