GDT: Baby Ducks @ Avs....Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
dont know how we're playin but gibbys numbers arent very good tonight. granted its pre-season etc etc. but eh

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
So what happens when there is a penalty 3-on-3? Does one team get an extra skater instead of one team being down a player?

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Wow, no so sure I like that 3 on 3. Couldn't they play 5 minutes 4 on 4 and another 5 3 on 3?

This. It's only another five minutes more or maybe five and a little bit more to have 4-on-4. I don't think I like it so much either...one big fire drill.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Atleast it's somewhat team oriented....:laugh:

Meh. Count the number of penalty shots in a season then the number of 3v3 events. It's actually LESS like an actual hockey game than the shootout is.

So what happens when there is a penalty 3-on-3? Does one team get an extra skater instead of one team being down a player?

Yes, it'll be handled just like the 4v4 OT is now.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Honestly why the hell would you not start sekac in the 3 on 3

Because it's preseason and Sekac is all but a lock to make the team. I hate our coach but he's not doing anything wrong here...he's just trying to get a look at some of the younger/less experienced players probably..see how they respond. I think it's pretty clear Sekac is going to be in the opening night lineup at this point

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
"I thought there were a lot of good things and bad things in the game, and you learn from watching bad things," said Boudreau. "You learn a little bit about players. You would like to come out with a win all the time. Losing in OT... we had a chance to win. We had it on our stick. Overall, I was fairly happy with most of the players."

Sekac, whom Boudreau said “looks bigger, stronger, quicker and more determined to be an everyday player,†used his trademark speed to catch Colorado defensemen flat-footed before sneaking one past Varlamov.

"If you went down the lineup, I thought Wagner, Santorelli, Friberg and Sekac were good, and I thought Rakell was good early," said Boudreau. "I thought Despres had a good game. Theodore logged a lot of minutes. Nick Ritchie was banging the body, going to the net and doing what he was supposed to do. Those are positive signs."

http://ducks.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015010018&navid=DL|ANA|home

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Said it when it was first announced, and saying it again it's going to be fun within a few months of 3v3 starting people will be up in arms about it.

3v3 is just as much of a gimmick as the shootout.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think 3 on 3 is going to be cool. It requires more tactics and skill then a shootout which is the goal, and I think it accomplishes that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille