GDT: Baby Ducks @ Avs....Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah we should be ok with the outcome of the game, considering Avs had MacKinnon, Landescog, Barrie, Varly, Zadorov, Tanguay while we had basically only youngsters + Maroon, Despres, Santorelli. Our whole lineup consisted basically from bottom6 and players in the midst of AHL/NHL. Sucks to let in a shorty though

Sekac led with 2 goals and Theodore in TOI (22:39) (via Kyle Shohara ‏@kyleshohara )

Some cool pics:
Lol, SOB
9a_slide.jpg

Santo:
7a_slide.jpg

Cakes and Manson
2a000104005_slide.jpg

That is 5`10 Joe Hishon in the Avs jersey but Nattinen looks big (with potential to fill out the frame more)
1a_slide.jpg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Maroon looks a bit better than in camp (still room to improve). Won the board battle vs Barrie

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It sounds like Ritchie and Wagner were much better than the reports we were getting as well.

Check out that guys twitter account, he has more videos. I think Rakell was to blame for one goal, when (i think) 2014th pick Bleackley got past him and scored.
But Bruce said Rakell started game well so i trust him

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Someone's always going to be to blame for a goal. A player can still play a great game even with a mistake or two. (I have no idea if that applies to Rakell last night).

Definitely. On that goal other players made mistakes before him and even though it was hard to see, looked like Goalie should have stopped the shot too.

He just had the most obvious option to stop that play there

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Definitely. On that goal other players made mistakes before him and even though it was hard to see, looked like Goalie should have stopped the shot too.

He just had the most obvious option to stop that play there

I'll take your word for it. Not in love with Rakell anyway. I'm encouraged that he came to camp looking to be more of a shooter.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Yeah we should be ok with the outcome of the game, considering Avs had MacKinnon, Landescog, Barrie, Varly, Zadorov, Tanguay while we had basically only youngsters + Maroon, Despres, Santorelli. Our whole lineup consisted basically from bottom6 and players in the midst of AHL/NHL. Sucks to let in a shorty though

Sekac led with 2 goals and Theodore in TOI (22:39) (via Kyle Shohara ‏@kyleshohara )

Some cool pics:
Lol, SOB
9a_slide.jpg

Santo:
7a_slide.jpg

Cakes and Manson
2a000104005_slide.jpg

That is 5`10 Joe Hishon in the Avs jersey but Nattinen looks big (with potential to fill out the frame more)
1a_slide.jpg

Haha that's funny kyle plays on my gold and elite teams, great guy, great defensemen.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
I think 3 on 3 is going to be cool. It requires more tactics and skill then a shootout which is the goal, and I think it accomplishes that

What I got from Wings-Hawks 3 on3 is that it's almost impossible to take the puck away, too much space. It would take a SOG (or a bad attempt at it) or major brainfart for the possession to change.
Strategy is basically: win the FO, pass around to take the goalie out and don't miss open net.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What I got from Wings-Hawks 3 on3 is that it's almost impossible to take the puck away, too much space. It would take a SOG (or a bad attempt at it) or major brainfart for the possession to change.
Strategy is basically: win the FO, pass around to take the goalie out and don't miss open net.

And that's hockey, right? Right everyone?

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Well ****.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
And that's hockey, right? Right everyone?

oh come on.
I know you are being sarcastic, but 5 on 5 is a lot more than that. Or even 4 on 4.

now there is a lot more space, a lot less personal battle, a lot of room to get away from the check, no fighting for a puck along the boards. It's pure skating and passing, nothing else. Very offence-centric few minutes. It basically takes the opposing 3 players out of the game till the shot is attempted.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ok, back to the usual threads.

Anyone know if CI or anyone else is doing the GDAt Friday (yes, I realize nobody will be able to answer me :laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad