Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Keep in mind that the guy you are responding too likely has never coach anything...ever.

It would be like critising a heart surgeon with 1000’s of hours of operation experience because you watched a youtube video...lol
It's not rocket science or heart surgery for that matter. It's hockey coaching. More on par with changing a flat tire. If you have a Corvette and you put a Spark tire on it, performance will be reduced. Kind of like putting Komarov on your first line and PP.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It's not rocket science or hearty surgery for that matter. It's hockey coaching. More on par with changing a flat tire. If you have a Corvette and you put a Spark tire on it, performance will be reduced. Kind of like putting Komarov on your first line and PP.

Then by all means, I look forward to you coaching the Leafs next season!

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
It's not rocket science or heart surgery for that matter. It's hockey coaching. More on par with changing a flat tire. If you have a Corvette and you put a Spark tire on it, performance will be reduced. Kind of like putting Komarov on your first line and PP.
haha id put the spare tire on the vette procharge it, and convert it to E85 and have some fun!

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
How much experience did Shanahan have when he got the President job? Seems like he grew up playing hockey was the extent of his experience, kind of similar to the posters in question.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010

What if you have a limited budget, with a cap on tire spending?

And then one of your good tires goes and punctures itself late in the first game?

Anyways, where are Leafs getting any offence these playoffs? It's not Komarov, you're right there.

It's JVR, Hyman, Bozak and Marner. Three of those guys haven't had a ton of love here all year, but there you go....

Anyways, I really like how fast the team came out for this game. A way better start. Worse outcome though....

Reactions: socko

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Jesus f***in Christ it's only been a day and I can't wait for game 3. Bring it to 2-1 and we're right f***in back in it.
How much experience did Shanahan have when he got the President job? Seems like he grew up playing hockey was the extent of his experience, kind of similar to the posters in question.
Now now, stop with that logic and realize you can only get Babs' god given talent through coaching already dominant teams to championships! Not that I think I'd be anywhere equal to Babs as a coach - but definitely think I'd be better with line combinations.

Reactions: ToMaLe and socko

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
but according to your Babcock can't do wrong logic
I said that he shares the blame in the very post you quoted. If you don't even bother reading, why are you on a forum?

And maybe if Babcock had the logic to ice his BEST lineup at all times
He does. In his opinion.

Also hilarious you get mad at people using hyperbole, but you do the same.
I'm not mad. I haven't said anything about hyperbole. And it's very arguable that I didn't use it myself either.

Calling the lineup "dreadful" is a vast overstatement, the game was tied 1-1 halfway through the first game, we were dominating the 1st game and even almost tied it up despite Komarov's awful penalty.
We were not dominating. We had maybe the upper hand in a tie game at one point in the first half of the game, and then fell apart completely in the second.

At no point in that game did we have a lead in zone time, or an edge in scoring chances.

guys that are objectively awful like Komarov being given free reign to be awful without consequence.
You mean like getting placed on the fourth line? Babs was too slow to react though, that I can agree with.

Please don't tell me you are not getting the argument, you do realize that you can succeed IN SPITE of what you do right? You also realize that regular season/=playoffs where 50% of the league is really bad? The PP is awful and maybe if Babcock had the common sense to double shift
I find it hilarious that you call the PP that had up to that point been the by far best in the league awful, and then talk about common sense. And no, I didn't attribute the success to Komarov. I said that you are not an idiot because you are not changing a unit that has been extremely successful.

Maybe you should learn what it means, although it's obvious you can't argue with what I'm saying so you're doing gotcha arguments "HURR DURR, YOU DIDN'T USE THE WORD ELEMENTARY IN THE WAY I WANTED IT USED, I'M GONNA PRETEND I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAID."
What on earth? Elementary means that the absolute basics. That's the definition. It's not about how I want to use it, that's what it means. You can't just take words and change their meaning.

And yeah, I get what you were saying. You were talking about subjective evaluations that you don't agree with in a way that makes it seem like there's an objective truth that Babcock was ignoring. I do share your disagreement with his choices though.
Where have I exonerated the team? Again hyperbolic nonsense claims, the team has been bad and Babcock has put them in an awful position to succeed.
You quoted a post I made where I said that not everything should be put on one guy to argue against me, saying that I was ignoring all these horrible things that Babcock has done. If you agree that everybody shares blame to some degree, why did you argue against me saying exactly that?

Here are your arguments:
Ignorance of Babcock's awful moves (demoting Hyman, promoting Komarov, playing Komarov at all, not pushing Kap or Andre up top, not double shifting our best players)
Completely misusing data citing SEASON statistics as if they should 100% translate in the playoffs
Not understanding basic logic in that you can succeed DESPITE what you do sometimes and not because of it (i.e our PP and Komarov)
Word games which is hilarious that you're trying to give native English speakers English lessons when you know exactly what I meant
Strawmanning of me excusing the team when I merely PRIORITIZE blame, i.e I'm not going to say "hurr durr, it's all the same, all mistakes are the same, bla bla egalitarian approach" no there are less and more severe mistakes and I can actually trace back to Babcock's mistakes DIRECTLY costing us
Those doesn't sound like my arguments. I'm quite sure that none of my arguments were that I don't understand basic logic.

I have also not ignored anything. I'm just separating what Babcock has done wrong with the performance of our players. Everybody is responsible for their own performance.

I don't really care if you are a native speaker. You used it wrong. It's not a big deal. Accept it and move on.

As for prioritizing blame, you force a narrative that assigns him an unreasonable portion of the blame, in my opinion.
which underscores and abdicates a STANLEY CUP/GOLD MEDAL WINNING coaches responsibility
I have not done this at all. My point from the start has been that he's not the only one to blame. That people feel the need to jump down my throat because they can't separate that stance from one where he is not to blame at all is not my fault.

Last edited:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
It's all a plan by Lou so that Nylander , Matthews and Marner sign long term contracts at two million per season after this playoff. Not saying it would make any difference, but Babcock's "matchups" have the players more confused than actually playing.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
wondering if need be who comes in for Leo i could see Babs choosing any of Martin, Leivo, or Moore

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I’m talking about all the cowering and avoidance of checks. It looks like men vs boys out there. It’s a level of cowardice and heartlessness that is flat out vile

Or maybe you just need to understand that these teams are made from different cloth? Our team never has and never will be physical, it's a team based on skill. So I'm not sure why it's a surprise to you that a team that is known for being physical is imposing its will on us physically lol.

So I don't think you can call someone a coward for not playing a style of hockey that is foreign to them.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I was looking through the Bruins forum pgt, and they seem to think they were outplayed for 40 minutes, but that our goalies played like blind drunk psychopaths.

Funny that hardly anybody is taking about goaltending here... The two fan bases have very different views of the game.

One fan base is grounded and realistic about things (boston's). The other is reactionary and unrealistic about a lot of things (leafs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad