Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Only players not scared :
Hyman, Marner, Dermott, Kap, AJ.

1. Babs demoted Hyman
2.Didnt even want AJ playing at first
3.Kap earned his spot reluctantly after half a season of Babs not using his eyes.
4. Marner has the biggest heart for the smallest player and even he gets demoted.
5. Dermott best babs decision all year probably.

Everyone else needs to show up, but its telling when your coach messes up on 4 outta 5 of the best things in your team right now.

Facepalm...Babs...
Please learn

I think it's not as much demotion as it is trying to get something to work. Leafs can't play against Bergeron's line. Do people seriously think Babcock doesn't know what he doing out there? Even if you disagree with his decisions, are you honestly thinking he needs to go back to coaching school?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It'd be like a game of rock paper scissors where you keep playing scissors, they keep playing rock, and instead of switching to paper, you hot glue a pebble to the handle.
That's if you even want to attribute our position to physical play, which I don't. They're killing us through skill, coaching, special teams, and goaltending

Kangal

Feb 21, 2017
As Edmonton has found out thus far with Lucic!

Not your best argument to date since

A) Lucic is old, slow and overpaid
B) Lucic and the other goon is still is still the reason that nobody is touching McDavid​

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Everybody chill the f*** out. Game three is in 28 or so hours. We can see where this group of guys stand with there performance in game 3. Off season talk and roster changes should be discussed once we have gotten eliminated . We are still in this series but need to play up to potential. Game 3 will be huge for Matthew's, Andersen, rielly and other leaders. They need to step up or shut up. 105 pt team can play at a much higher level than what we have seen so far. I would go

Kapanen-Matthews-Johnsson
Hyman-Nylander-Marner
Jvr-bozak-marleau
Komo-plek-brown
the 4th line plays 7-8 mins and only to provide energy and PK. The bozak line plays 13 mins and heavily sheltered with pp time. Second line plays 18 mins and gets Bruins second line. And give Matthew's 21 minutes against bergeron and hope he shows up. I know kapanen and johnsson will show up. They have the fire still as rookies looking to make a impact. No need for komo ot brown on pp. Forwards for me are Matthew's, marner, nylander, johnsson, kapanen, jvr and bozak. If one of jvr/johnsson/kapanen fumble chances and cant capitalize test Hyman there, he has been our best forward and I want to see him given some pp time if things are failing. Need the top 2 lines to dominate these next two games before kadri comes back and we can shuffle lines.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
It'd be like a game of rock paper scissors where you keep playing scissors, they keep playing rock, and instead of switching to paper, you hot glue a pebble to the handle.
Relatable?

Attachments

• 2151210_460s_v11.jpg
    2151210_460s_v11.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: 7even

Kangal

Feb 21, 2017
"well if you want an argument other than stats, what about the fact that Boston has at least 2 guys who would kill Martin in a fight? They have no reason to actually be afraid of him. If anything, they're most likely to goad him into taking dumb penalties"

Do not buy this argument. One guy is 40 and he will not take himself out of the game by fighting and the other guy fights with his visor on ( no fault of his own as this is a league rule). And Martin does not have to fight. Just hit everything that moves and make the Bruins react to those hits as opposed to the other way around.

Please tell me what are our other options as far as negating some of the Bruin toughness that is neutralizing our skill

Reactions: dsred

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Imagine we went into game 1 with this lineup:

Johnsson - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Nylander - Kapanen
JVR - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Bozak - Hyman

Dermott - Rielly
Gardiner - Hainsey
Borgman - Zaitsev

We could have looked like a very different team with different line combos and roster choices.

No Leo in the lineup... you sir...

Are...

Better...

Than...

*Insert Coaches name here*

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Imagine we went into game 1 with this lineup:

Johnsson - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Nylander - Kapanen
JVR - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Bozak - Hyman

Dermott - Rielly
Gardiner - Hainsey
Borgman - Zaitsev

We could have looked like a very different team with different line combos and roster choices.
that looks a million times better. Also if we had a functioning PK and didn't run Andersen into the ground we'd look much much better overall

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
If you were going to play martin it would have been on the road especially the first game..They knew the bruins would come out of the gate hard and hit everything in sight......Martin could have had an effect in that type of game.
Regarding game 3....they have to make changes due to injury but there should not be wholesale changes because they are still in the series..
If they go down 3 games..then fine..empty the bench, call up marlies ...,hope for a miracle..

Finally....don't expect babcock to set up lines that make sense to us....as someone noted earlier, he doesn't coach to win...he coaches not to lose..and he won't change.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
"well if you want an argument other than stats, what about the fact that Boston has at least 2 guys who would kill Martin in a fight? They have no reason to actually be afraid of him. If anything, they're most likely to goad him into taking dumb penalties"

Do not buy this argument. One guy is 40 and he will not take himself out of the game by fighting and the other guy fights with his visor on ( no fault of his own as this is a league rule). And Martin does not have to fight. Just hit everything that moves and make the Bruins react to those hits as opposed to the other way around.

Please tell me what are our other options as far as negating some of the Bruin toughness that is neutralizing our skill
If you wanna match that style game...then we need more of that ingredient...we don't have it anywhere in our system,do we?
Because the league mantra has been 'speed and skill', coming down on fighting ,head shots,intent to injure judgment calls, goalie interference. This has created a lot of 'grey area' for all concerned.
Well then,what league have I been watching the last 2 games? The typical 'let-em-play' league. At least for Boston it is!!...(yeah. I know I'm a Homer,but come on!)
Anyway ,Matt Martin is a liability on stat review day, but, during the game he is a physical presence who hits clean and often. The most valuable quality,(this isn't on any score sheet) is likely the sense of confidence gained by his line mates.For those of you who think this isn't real,it is! Ask the players. Now, It might be a case of 'too little ,too late' but I bet it is being considered by Leaf coaching staff.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
If you were going to play martin it would have been on the road especially the first game..They knew the bruins would come out of the gate hard and hit everything in sight......Martin could have had an effect in that type of game.
Regarding game 3....they have to make changes due to injury but there should not be wholesale changes because they are still in the series..
If they go down 3 games..then fine..empty the bench, call up marlies ...,hope for a miracle..

Finally....don't expect babcock to set up lines that make sense to us....as someone noted earlier, he doesn't coach to win...he coaches not to lose..and he won't change.
Yup, this is accurate! It's not as if what Boston did was a surprise,at least it better not of been. After 1st game I thought Martin would be in!

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
no , Glendening was just put into favorable positions by Babs and that's why he seemed to play better and why he looks like crap now

Babs strategy seems to be to try to fill the lineup with hard working players regardless of skill that bring it every night which works well in the regular season when they can catch teams not going 100% but fails in the playoffs when everyone ups their compete level .
He was not put in favorable positions. He was charged with shutting down the triplet line in Tampa and did a really good job for three straight games as basically a fourth liner. But, Mrazek then let in a goal from a terrible angle and I forgot who it was (Kronwall?) who got suspended because Tampa's coach went bitching to the media about the refs which for some odd reason worked. Babcock couldn't make his team crush Tampa when they were up in game 4. He couldn't do the same to PIT when they were up 3-2 in their series. Same with 3-1 against CHI. Maybe that was the fault of the players, or maybe the other teams were that great. Doesn't matter.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yesterday with Matthews’ “shit happens” and today with Bozak’s “No reason to get frustrated”.

I get they are just looking towards the next game, and wanting to forget the games in Boston, but man, I wish someone seemed pissed off by the past two games.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yesterday with Matthews’ “**** happens” and today with Bozak’s “No reason to get frustrated”.

I get they are just looking towards the next game, and wanting to forget the games in Boston, but man, I wish someone seemed pissed off by the past two games.
You could tell Matthews was pissed

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Yesterday with Matthews’ “**** happens” and today with Bozak’s “No reason to get frustrated”.

I remember the McArthur interviews. He was pretty real in those.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Sit Gardiner??? Rielly has been the leafs worst defender by a mile and you want to sit Gardiner who has been decent.... Gardiner and Dermott have been the leafs best defenders I think.

I was asked to think outside the box. If I had my own team Gardiner wouldn't even be on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad