Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Uncle Leo is being evaluated and Babcock is preparing for the game as if he is not in the lineup tomorrow. Let's hope he isn't in the lineup tomorrow and leivo is.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
and here comes his knight on a white horse right on cue lol

but instead of just attacking me maybe you can explain why you believed promoting Komo to the top line was such a great move ?
6 goals man. 6!

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Of course it is. His and Babcocks. Oh and of course Hyman should never have been playing on the first line. Who else can we blame
No it isn't. Komaorv isn't the reason why our defence sucks and Andersen has been awful. It's tough to come back from down 0-4 in the first.

Reactions: francis246

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
In my mind the Bozak line has been the best line at even strength for the Leafs. Wouldn't split them up and they seem to be playing with heart. Even JvR and Bozak to my surprise.

I also would put Nylander at center and put Marleau up with Hyman and Matthews. Looks like Bruins are trying to match Bergeron against Matthews so might as well try to shut that line down rather than score.

Then Nylander and Marner can take some easier matchups away from Bergeron with Kap maybe. Or Leivo for some more size and net presence.

4th line of Plek, Johansen and Kap.

Reactions: dsred

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015

would suck for leivo, but everything about Grundstroms game is what the Leafs need right now.

Idk if it'll happen though

Conveniently Grundstrom is a healthy scratch for the Marlies today, but the Marlies did play last night too.

In terms of the NHL options, this is probably the only series i'd lean towards Martin over Leivo, mainly because the Leafs need to start hindering the B's breakout. Guarantee Martin on the forecheck would create some panic moves by their D and open up some ice which is much needed right now.

Reactions: francis246

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Toughness is not how far you can drive your fist into a face. It's how they play. Kapanen is in peoples face, he is finishing checks and trying hard. Our stars are in witness protection. The good pros are doing nothing at all.

Management is indicating where we are. They are the buyers, they said we are ahead of schedule. We are STANDING WITNESS... To the 18 wheeler of 2018.

To be fair... its not an 18 wheeler. Its just a Ford F 350 with a huge towload.

Derailed... but not as catatrophic...

Its just a reality check of the rebuild in 2 years, rather than miracle worker Babcock in two years. Who i believe even convinced some here that Leo on the first line would drive the offense.

:laugh:

2019 rebuild continues -
Hyman, Marner, Dermott, AJ and Kap prove they can hang in the playoffs...

Lets have a good look at Nylander... he has a houdini Act going on.

Lets Make sure Matthews can up his play.
Reilly and Gards have to improve...

Other than Kadri the rest of the team can leave or be moved.

Reactions: thewave

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
It’s actually very worrisome that these people are part of society.

All Babcock has done is bring a joke of a team just 3 years ago to the playoffs 2 straight seasons

Do people realize that there are 30 teams that will not win the Stanley Cup, many of them that have failed many more times than the Leafs.

Seriously it’s been 2 years that this team has been good, if anything, Babcock has done too well. Now all these spolied brats expect us to be Stanley Cup champs with a core of 24 year olds and younger.

Hilarious
Glad you said this. I was critical of Babcock a few pages back - but in general, I'm a big supporter of his. He is not absolved from this disaster, and I will continue to criticize him where I feel it's fair and rational (sticking too closely to line match-ups that caused two penalties), and making sometimes half-assed decisions.

However, there's this sentiment on HF that Babcock is the reason we're losing. That's not true. The reason is this roster folds at the sign of any adversity. We have no sandpaper, grit or tenacity - these are things many of the same posters argue we don't need. In fact, that's what they've wanted to avoid.

Rosters like ours are good in the regular season but when the playoffs matter, we need some battle-tested warriors. That should all change in this offseason.

Until then, if we turn this series around it'll be because guys found some heart and that goes to coaching.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Remember y'all that Matt Martin might also be the big guy coming and hitting everythang to the ground. Real hard. We need big bodies who can skate wich is Martin.

We might let Grundstrom play too I ain't saying anything like that but the otha sucka out might be something like Brown or some otha sucka like Johnsson, Plekanec or Kapanen. So we might actually see two or three mothers coming in and some otha suckas stepping out because of losers they surely are.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Remember y'all that Matt Martin might also be the big guy coming and hitting everythang to the ground. Real hard. We need big bodies who can skate wich is Martin.

We might let Grundstrom play too I ain't saying anything like that but the otha sucka out might be something like Brown or some otha sucka like Johnsson, Plekanec or Kapanen. So we might actually see two or three mothers coming in and some otha suckas stepping out because of losers they surely are.

The EGO IS bringing up another AHL softy......That a boy Mikey i knew you could do it

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It's borderline comical how absolutely everything that could have gone wrong for the Leafs has. Even the most anti-Leaf sadistic posters could not have predicted just how disastrous their first two games of the post season would be. This is one of those reality is stranger than fiction things to me.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta

All Babcock has done is bring a joke of a team just 3 years ago to the playoffs 2 straight seasons

Do people realize that there are 30 teams that will not win the Stanley Cup, many of them that have failed many more times than the Leafs.

Seriously it’s been 2 years that this team has been good, if anything, Babcock has done too well. Now all these spolied brats expect us to be Stanley Cup champs with a core of 24 year olds and younger.

Hilarious
No people expect a team that is competent. But I suppose it is hard to tell the difference. And you are worried about other people being part of society...

This joke of a comment might have made sense if the Leafs lost some relatively close games and people were losing it. If they barely made it into the playoffs in the last wild card spot. Even if it was last year this might have been slightly accurate. Not the case though which makes this pretty nonsensical.

Babcock's done too well...wow what a joke. What would doing a bad job look like? Losing both games 20-0? You can say the guy has done a solid regular season job. But it is an actual joke to say he's done too good of a job. But hey if you want to give yourself an escape route that's fine. Easier to pretend everyone else is the issue and you are the only clever person in the room.

But nothing we've seen in this first round is something to cheer about. Not the poor performance on the ice and not the poor coaching. No matter the age of the core not going to win much if basic competency isn't an expectation. I sure hope all the fans showing up for Game 3 understand that they shouldn't expect to see the Leafs play like a team that could make the playoffs. The players aren't old enough to be allowed that.

Reactions: dsred

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
It's borderline comical how absolutely everything that could have gone wrong for the Leafs has. Even the most anti-Leaf sadistic posters could not have predicted just how disastrous their first two games of the post season would be. This is one of those reality is stranger than fiction things to me.
Game 3 cannot be such a disaster. If it is then we know the hockey gods just f***ing hate us.

Flat out.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We might still bounce big time on that ass though. We might explode real hard tomorrow night and I'ma smoke some smoke on that too fools.

Reactions: hockeyes

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
If a heart surgeon kills someone, you dont need to have a doctorate to know he messed up.

Babcock deserves the criticism. His team is fragile mentally and have not been prepared to play.

The heart surgeon deserves to get criticism from his peers...who know what they are talking about. Not some random forum poster who watches the game holding a beer on his couch who's never coached a day in his life and likely doesn't understand completely what it is he is looking at.

Well I guess you can criticize him that's your right to have an opinion. It's just my right to tell you, that you don't know anything. If you did...YOU would be coaching in the NHL.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Hilarious
This is definitely hilarious. It takes a special kind of defender to say 2 playoff wins in 3 years is doing too well

Last edited:

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Reading this thread you would think we have gotten swept and lost every game 7-0. Its a good thing we now get to play our two home games where we were pretty dam good. The nice thing is we can get Matthews away from Bergeron and go from there, but the boys need to step up and play.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I really hope this is the last we have seen of Koma. Either we start winning and he doesn't get to see the ice or we lose and he leaves in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad