GDT: B @ D 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Go stand in front of Chara's shot and tell us again how you feel.

Me personally? I wouldn't. But, plenty of players do and they aren't wearing goalie equipment. Andersen is still in the game, right? A lot of players feel some pain from blocking a shot. Should their equipment be bigger also?

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Despres screwed up all kinds of ways with his momentum there. Takes a shot skating backwards. Yet still doesn't have backwards momentum to defend the rush the other way when his weak shot is blocked.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Me personally? I wouldn't. But, plenty of players do and they aren't wearing goalie equipment. Andersen is still in the game, right? A lot of players feel some pain from blocking a shot. Should their equipment be bigger also?

There are even NHL goalies who have faced Chara's shot who feel the pads need to be smaller.

Buffalo Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner joined Hockey Hotline on WGR Monday morning to talk about recovering from injury earlier this season to earn the No. 1 goalie spot in Buffalo. He also discussed whether goalies should be forced to reduce the size of their pads.

Lehner said he believes pads should definitely be reduced:

"I'm a pretty big guy and you have guys weighing around 160 who look bigger than me on the ice," he said. "We should be athletes out there, not operating equipment. We should save the pucks, it shouldn't be the equipment that saves the pucks."

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22564351.php?contentType=4&contentId=18566628

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Marchand makes Garbutt, Kesler and Perry look like choir boys.

His face couldn't possibly be more punchable.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
A1lz4YX.jpg
0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad