GDT: B @ D 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Getzlaf had a good night, so did Perry. McGinn didn't do much aside from partially screening on the first goal.

Rocky's line was okay, but I'd rather put Pirri with the twins and McGinn there, to fill the position of a tank.

Kesler, Silfver and Cogs all looked good. Hard as heck to play against them, they usually hem you in your own zone most of the shift anyway.

Lindholm best defenceman, saved two (almost) sure goals, scored a goal, one assist and +3.

Still only had the second least amount of icetime among D-men. Only Stoner had less.

Whoever is coaching the defence (Yawney) makes a lot of weird decisions.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Getzlaf had a good night, so did Perry. McGinn didn't do much aside from partially screening on the first goal.

Rocky's line was okay, but I'd rather put Pirri with the twins and McGinn there, to fill the position of a tank.

Kesler, Silfver and Cogs all looked good. Hard as heck to play against them, they usually hem you in your own zone most of the shift anyway.

Lindholm best defenceman, saved two (almost) sure goals, scored a goal, one assist and +3.

Still only had the second least amount of icetime among D-men. Only Stoner had less.

I agree with this.

Also think Pirri is good on the PP.

Getzlaf-Perry-Perron-Pirri-Vatanen (when healthy) is a solid unit.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
That was Perry's best game in a while

Playoff lineup looking like it could be:

McGinn-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Perron-Rakell-Pirri
Garbutt-Horcoff-Stewart

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Despres
Vatanen-Bieksa

That's a deep lineup

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Damn it's crazy we still have vatanen Stewart and Thompson out

I don't see a spot for Thompson when everyone is healthy. He's been very bad this year, and Horcoff has outplayed him. Thompson has 3 assists, 0 goals and 30 shots on goal in 39 games this year. That's horrendous. Horcoff has a very respectable 6 goals, 11 points, 65 shots on goal in 47 games

Stewart deserves to get back into the lineup

Last edited:

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Good game all around, Andersen was lights out. I liked the lines, the three line thing with the twins being split will have its place, but it's good to have a solid lineup where they are together as well. And it's about damn time that Bieksa settled in on the 3rd pairing, hopefully Bruce sees the light and keeps him there.

Also, glad Matt Bels is okay.

On to our tour of Canada!

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

He's paired with a rookie and he took a penalty.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I don't see a spot for Thompson when everyone is healthy. He's been very bad this year, and Horcoff has outplayed him. Thompson has 3 assists, 0 goals and 30 shots on goal in 39 games this year. That's horrendous. Horcoff has a very respectable 6 goals, 11 points, 65 shots on goal in 47 games

Stewart deserves to get back into the lineup

The team's fortunes didn't turn around until Thompson came back into the lineup. Unless Stewart is with Perron and Getzlaf, I'll take what Thompson brings over what Stewart brings on the 4th line. Garbutt Horcoff Thompson is a second shutdown line. Garbutt Horcoff Stewart is not.

Jack Bauer DAMNIT

Two Way Defenseman
Nov 11, 2015
Golden State
From what I did see, the team executed much better tonight than the last couple games. Thanks to Freddy. He looked like a freakin robot out there. Defense played well, minus Despres looking like Bambi a couple times, they did their job and jumped into the rush when they had chances. Back to the defensive roots of all star break defensive zen.

Props to BB for spewing up the lines a bit, who knows what we will need when push comes to shove. The new 1-2 lines sparkled at times. Kesler line is finding its bread and butter, fire it on net and banger home.

Manson Lindholm Fowler are crazy good when they're good.

Stoner hunted a Chara bear.

What an exciting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad