• Bowen Byram

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Hughes mostly because of his success and production against older competition in the NCAA, WC and albeit small sample size, NHL. I think Byram has a bit more offensive potential, but I like Hughes' all around game slightly more.

I vote Hughes.

I’d totally flip flop your projection. I think Hughes has crazy offensive potential in the NHL, like I could see 60+pts. Byram will be the better defender imo but have a little better defending.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm impressed by Hughes in his small NHL stint, but think Byram could be like a bigger Duncan Keith. Likely won't hit that level, but I think Byram is a pretty safe bet to be a top defender.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
This one is ripping my heart in half.

Hughes is a better skater & has better offensive potential, but Byram is bigger/stronger/better down low & because of that better all-around.

I think Hughes skating & offensive potential is elite. Can't remember the last D coming through the draft that skates better than him.

And Byram I've thought for awhile is/could be Morgan Rielly 2.0. Saw this kid live & thought he was incredible. Probably my favourite Vancouver Giant of all time.

I've thought for awhile that in the same draft year it would be a toss up. Don't really know which way to go.

Voting Hughes only b/c of Canuck bias. Both are so good, the answer will be whoever gets closest to their ceiling.

Reactions: Grantham

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Canucks fan saying Byram.

Pape-diouf-nvo.jpg

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
It's really hard to argue against a guy that stepped into the league and is already a top pairing defender.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Hughes. Byram is in a position to come in and play top mins on the top line with Makar but I think if he is he will be used in a shut down roll as I don’t think there is enough pucks to go around with all the talent on the avs. He doesn’t have to be the guy so he can develop slowly when he gets in the league. Although he does have the tools to be better than Makar and Hughes , I doubt he reaches their level.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Hughes mostly because of his success and production against older competition in the NCAA, WC and albeit small sample size, NHL. I think Byram has a bit more offensive potential, but I like Hughes' all around game slightly more.

I vote Hughes.

This sounds like you have it bass akwards here.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Hughes, prior to each player’s draft and definitely now.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I had voted Byram initially but the momentum had swung in Hughes favor this season. Hell, he was more solid defensively in the NHL this year than I would have anticipated.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This was before the 19-20 season

Even so Hughes has always had defensive questions and elite skating which was seen as more translating into offensive success.

Bryan is larger and has already shown that he plays with a slight edge and is the better all around defensive prospect.

Reactions: Burnaby Joe

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I hate the nucks but I have to see Byram with some real NHL success before picking him. Hughes is already a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad