• Quinn Hughes

• Bowen Byram

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I hate to be that person who says AINEC, but Byram is a considerably better all around player. Hughes takes the cake offensively, however, Byram looks like a #1D who’s floor could be a #3 imo. I really like the kids game. I haven’t seen one like that, besides Dahlin, not drafted in the top 3 in a bit.

I’m not that high on Quinn Hughes, not saying he’s overrated, but moreso overhyped as with many prospects- I may be doing the same with Byram. If Hughes becomes a consistent Shayne Gostisbehere, VAN could have a really great solid player.

BavelPure

Aug 24, 2005
Have to see them both play in the NHL. Quinn's skating is really something though. Byram seems to be a little more well rounded.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Byram is going to be a slightly better version of Dan Hamhuis.

In his prime he'll be a really good No.2. He'll play a long time and provide a well rounded game with a bit more offense then Hamhuis.

Nothing wrong with that.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Hughes mostly because of his success and production against older competition in the NCAA, WC and albeit small sample size, NHL. I think Byram has a bit more offensive potential, but I like Hughes' all around game slightly more.

I vote Hughes.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Uh what? Byram is absolutely better defensively.

Well, I never exactly said that verbatim, just that I preferred Hughes' all around game. Hughes is better at defending one-on-ones and has a better use of his stick whereas Byram is better at puck retrievals and zone exits. They're both young D whose weaknesses will improve as they develop.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Well, I never exactly said that verbatim, just that I preferred Hughes' all around game. Hughes is better at defending one-on-ones and has a better use of his stick whereas Byram is better at puck retrievals and zone exits. They're both young D whose weaknesses will improve as they develop.
If you’re looking at data, Quinn Hughes is absurdly good at zone exits and it’s by far his best attribute, so I absolutely disagree with saying Byram does that better.

Hughes won’t be a strength on strength player at the NHL level, he’ll be utilized best with heavy offensive zone deployment with good players (Pettersson, Boeser)

Both Makar and Byram have shown the ability to defend better than Hughes and will be able to be all situation players.

Hughes was 4th on my list last year and he was drafted by my favourite team, but I’d take Byram’s overall game over his.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hughes mostly because of his success and production against older competition in the NCAA, WC and albeit small sample size, NHL. I think Byram has a bit more offensive potential, but I like Hughes' all around game slightly more.

I vote Hughes.
You sure you don't have the two mixed up?

Reactions: MG91

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Byram seems to have the better shot at being a #1 guy and probably has a safer floor.

Hughes is definitely the sexier player on the ice and has offensive potential in spades. Also, his defensive issues are completely overblown. He may be small but he can skate circles around anyone he'd like. I like to think of him as a supercharged Samuel Girard. Girard does have his issues getting knocked off the puck but most of the time his skating gets him out of trouble.

Reactions: Grantham

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

I vote Hughes.

What? lol

Vote for Rory

Nov 13, 2004
Easily Hughes, surprised that he is losing. I've watched Byram 10+ times live, he is amazing, but Hughes is already in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad