Proposal: Bärtschi for Sam Reinhart?

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Bartschi is a good player, but is he worth the contract he's going to get next year? Could his production be offset by Goldobin or someone else cheaper? Reinhart is being wasted in Buffalo and could be solid down the middle.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I wonder if Reinhart would be worth it. Could be the solid 2nd line centre we need.
But with pettersson and gaudette coming soon at C, how long would reinhart really fill a need at C?

Plus, bear is a UFA in 2019 if he chooses to simply go to arbitration and test the market in 2019. Doesn't help the sabres given their situation.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Buffalo really needs someone who can mesh with Eichel, Baertschi is the kind of guy they need IMO....however, I'm not sure about giving up a guy who is fitting well in our lineup. Reinhart on the other hand needs to get out of Buffalo and into a full time center role, or he's going to end up busting like his brother...after watching him a bit over the last couple years I haven't come away very impressed...but he hasn't really been given much of an opportunity to play C, considering he's behind Eichel and O'Reilly. If he were to come to Vancouver he's likely to be playing behind both Horvat and Henrik...possibly even Sutter.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I wonder if Reinhart would be worth it. Could be the solid 2nd line centre we need.

Gaudette and Horvat as top 2 centres off chance Pettersson stays as centre to dont forget

Pettersson Gaudette Boeser
Baertchi Horvat Lind
Dahlen Gaunce Gad
Eriksson Sutter Megna

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
if we can offload sutter then a horvat Patterson reinhart top 3 centre isn't so bad.

not sure baertschi is enough.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
But with pettersson and gaudette coming soon at C, how long would reinhart really fill a need at C?

Plus, bear is a UFA in 2019 if he chooses to simply go to arbitration and test the market in 2019. Doesn't help the sabres given their situation.

Pettersson is likely to start out as a winger, and may end up being a winger for his career.

I would probably do Baertschi for Reinhart. I'm high on Reinhart and he would be good to anchor a second line opposite the Horvat line. Keep Goldobin with Horvat and Boeser, and then start to build young assets around Reinhart on another line.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Too many good centers shouldn't be a problem. I would probably do it. I haven't grown pessimistic about Reinhart yet, and I think his skillset is great.

Don't think Baertschi can fetch Reinhart, though.

Reactions: travis scott

megatron

Dec 11, 2016
Absolutely zero chance Buff takes Baertchi for Reinhart. Heck didnt Reinhart get 20+ goals last year, Has Baerchi hit 20 yet? Canucks would have to add significantly late rounder isnt going to cut it.

Reactions: WTG

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Absolutely zero chance Buff takes Baertchi for Reinhart. Heck didnt Reinhart get 20+ goals last year, Has Baerchi hit 20 yet? Canucks would have to add significantly late rounder isnt going to cut it.
18 goals in 68 NHL games last season (he's on pace to hit that threshold this season as well).

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
baertschi is good enough top 6 on a bad/mediocre team but if canucks want to get to the next level they need to improve top 6.

baertschi + hutton/stecher + 3rd + markstrom/nilsson for Sam Reinhart and E Kane(ufa)

Future lines:
Dahlen - Pettersson - Reinhart
Kane - Horvat - Boeser
Goldy - Gaudette - Lind
Gadjovich - _____- Virtanen (might be a trade chip for young dman)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We would have to add something significant. If also prefer picks going back, and I'm sure they'd want that more then Baertschi.

I still want O'Reilly if we get anyone off of that team. Risto as a second but I don't feel he or Reinhart or Nylander or any of the young pieces should be moved.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
To be fair he’s never traded a first ^^^

However everyone points to baertchi as one of bennings great trades. I have a hard time with that, as the OP said I don’t like bae at even 4m... Gets me thinking what is his trade value now? What will it be after he gets his next contract?

I have a hard time thinking more than a second for sure... so was it that good of a trade?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC

However everyone points to baertchi as one of bennings great trades. I have a hard time with that, as the OP said I don’t like bae at even 4m... Gets me thinking what is his trade value now? What will it be after he gets his next contract?

I have a hard time thinking more than a second for sure... so was it that good of a trade?
I don't think that trades should be judged purely on re-sell value. Baertschi contributes a lot of value to this team right now, probably in the future, too, and the price-tag is appropriate for what he's doing.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
I don't think that trades should be judged purely on re-sell value. Baertschi contributes a lot of value to this team right now, probably in the future, too, and the price-tag is appropriate for what he's doing.

Valid Point.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
^ There's also no reason to think he won't continue to improve his value. He's scored at a 33, 42, and now 52 point pace in his last three years.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
true, but that doesn't mean he won't

I worry about every trade with dim jim at the helm

baertschi was a very good trade though, as shareefruck said I think I'd wait to move him until he increases his value, I'm not sold on him being a part of the 2020 core so I'd be fine even waiting for a couple more years for someone possibly even more promising than reinhart in return

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad