Pre-Game Talk: Avs @ Wild | Thursday, October 9th, 6:30pm MT | Countdown to Regression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemieux22

Jul 30, 2005
Regarding Redmond - as others have said, it's like Holden/Guenin last year. Bring them along slowly to learn the system and then give him an opportunity to seize a position. I think our man-to-man D system is quite an adjustment to what most people have played, so I anticipate it takes a little bit to learn, especially for someone relatively new at the NHL level.

On a side note, I do think that an eventual Hejda-Redmond pairing is probably a better 5 on 5 pair (at least in the D zone) than Holden-Barrie. I'd give them tons of D zone starts. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Hejda was by far our best D man in our own zone for the first 2/3 of the season.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Regarding Redmond - as others have said, it's like Holden/Guenin last year. Bring them along slowly to learn the system and then give him an opportunity to seize a position. I think our man-to-man D system is quite an adjustment to what most people have played, so I anticipate it takes a little bit to learn, especially for someone relatively new at the NHL level.

On a side note, I do think that an eventual Hejda-Redmond pairing is probably a better 5 on 5 pair (at least in the D zone) than Holden-Barrie. I'd give them tons of D zone starts. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Hejda was by far our best D man in our own zone for the first 2/3 of the season.

Like Holden maybe yes.

Guenin made the opening night roster and was Roy's baby for the entire season.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Guenin was an upgrade over guys like Hunwick, Zanon, etc
So he had a place last year.

But this year Redmond seems to be an upgrade over Guenin.
Play the better player.

And yes, I get that Roy probably has Guenin in over Reddy for the PK.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
LOL...that was a HUUUUUUUGE upgrade over a few years before that.

2007-2008 Opening Night

Smyth-Sakic-Hejduk
Hlinka-Stastny-Brunette
Wolski-Arnason-Laperriere
Guite-Smith-Svatos

Hannan-Clark
Leopold-Sauer
Skrastins-Liles

Budaj
Raycroft

THREE players from that team are still in the league and Leopold and Liles are hanging on to their careers by a very fine thread. The rest are all out of the league or retired.

Ouch.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=425666&page=6

That team (plus Forsberg and Foote) made it to the second round of the playoffs. Also, where is Jose Theodore there? I think you got your years mixed up.

I think the team that David Jones on the first line was a much worse one.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
mcginn has missed the least time of all those player, played the most games.

He's been playing third line minutes for some of this stretch.

Landeskog 2903 ES minutes
Duchene 2473 ES minutes
O'Reilly 2809 ES minutes
McGinn 2641 ES minutes

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
He's been playing third line minutes for some of this stretch.

Landeskog 2903 ES minutes
Duchene 2473 ES minutes
O'Reilly 2809 ES minutes
McGinn 2641 ES minutes

i think it's more of a knock, on ROR and landy, and little duchene than it's praise on mcginn. looking at rate stats, only duchene passes 2 pts/60 5on5. and he's dragged down with that bad 11-12 season, the last two he's been fine there. same with landeskog and lockout year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I always love the stat that Landy led the league in first assists per 60 minutes... then people claim he isn't a great playmaker. I have no idea, but I bet he came really close to leading the league in goals + first assists.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I always love the stat that Landy led the league in first assists per 60 minutes... then people claim he isn't a great playmaker. I have no idea, but I bet he came really close to leading the league in goals + first assists.

on a quick look, he was tied for second with seguin and kessel (45). perry led, with fair margin (51).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad