Pre-Game Talk: Avs @ Wild | Thursday, October 9th, 6:30pm MT | Countdown to Regression

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
1st game of the year, hopefully that means Roy tries to destroy Yeo with the glass. :sarcasm:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
GDT: "Believe the Hype" -- Never forget folks.

Believe the hype around this team’s decline. While making the playoffs is certainly not out of the question for the Avalanche, it will be significantly more difficult. Don’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen at all.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Read something about Avs needing to trim ~1.5M of payroll before the start of the season, but capgeek shows us with ~1.7M in space :rolly:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Read something about Avs needing to trim ~1.5M of payroll before the start of the season, but capgeek shows us with ~1.7M in space :rolly:

Yeah I don't get that either. Are they adding up everyone who has yet to be cut?

Also keep in mind the cap hits are calculated on a daily basis so if it looks like keeping X up all season puts us over the cap, that won't be the case when they are only here for say a month.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Depends on who is on IR, but the Avs likely have even more space than that. Say Winchester, Bordy, and Mitchell start out on IR and Everberg and Agozzino... they Avs would have ~4-4.2m in 'space' that would dwindle when those players get back from injury.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Don't all players on IR still count? Unless they are on LTIR, which they could put Bordy on. Also, what about Street and Vincour getting paid at the NHL rate while they recover?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hockey season really snuck up on me. I get so caught up in football that I lose track of hockey a bit. Nice surprise. Can't wait til Thursday.

Screw Matt Cooke!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Don't all players on IR still count? Unless they are on LTIR, which they could put Bordy on. Also, what about Street and Vincour getting paid at the NHL rate while they recover?

Been a while since I looked at it, but I believe it is a 10 games/24 day sort of thing. So Mitchell could be on LTIR right now since his injury kept him out all of preseason (and could go back to last season). Bordy, Street, and Vincour all qualify. Winchester is the question.... if he is out ~2-3 weeks he could be put on LTIR, if not he counts.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Been a while since I looked at it, but I believe it is a 10 games/24 day sort of thing. So Mitchell could be on LTIR right now since his injury kept him out all of preseason (and could go back to last season). Bordy, Street, and Vincour all qualify. Winchester is the question.... if he is out ~2-3 weeks he could be put on LTIR, if not he counts.

Yeah, but Tiger is still right. The Avs actually have to put them on LTIR for the deductions to count. For whatever reason they doesn't usually happen unless pressed for cap space.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Line-up predictions?

Tanguay - Duchene - Iginla
Landeskog - O'Reilly - MacKinnon
McGinn - Briere - Talbot
McLeod - Cliche - Everberg

Stuart - Johnson
Holden - Barrie
Hejda - Guenin

Varlamov

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, but Tiger is still right. The Avs actually have to put them on LTIR for the deductions to count. For whatever reason they doesn't usually happen unless pressed for cap space.

Bordy, Street, and Vincour will all be put on LTIR... it just won't be announced (teams rarely announce it, but it is used frequently). Mitchell and Winchester are questionable, and it depends on how long the Avs expect them to be out.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
When they get to practice today (assuming they go), how much does everyone want to bet that both of the beat writers are stunned to see Duchene centering Tanguay and Iginla, even though the game finished that way? I imagine they'll start again with that, but who knows.

I hope Winchester's not out long, he'll be such a nice depth player with us.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They never put Tanguay on LTIR even though they could have but the cap space wasn't needed. Will be interesting to see how they manage a tighter cap. Unless they are certain to not expect Mitchell and Winchester anytime soon I think they are left off.

I don't think Roy will keep those lines. They probably won't even watch practice and assume they know the lines either way.

I don't know how to embed Instagram photos but there are a bunch here of Varly's new mask.
http://instagram.com/davidofdaveart

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They never put Tanguay on LTIR even though they could have but the cap space wasn't needed. Will be interesting to see how they manage a tighter cap. Unless they are certain to not expect Mitchell and Winchester anytime soon I think they are left off.

MacK's bonuses with the limited cap space will change how things are handled. Without a doubt he will earn some, and quite possibly 2+m. They won't want a bonus overage since they look like they will be a cap team moving forward. LTIR space can't be banked, but it gives 'free' space to call up players so the extras essentially don't count on the space throughout the season.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
MacK's bonuses with the limited cap space will change how things are handled. Without a doubt he will earn some, and quite possibly 2+m. They won't want a bonus overage since they look like they will be a cap team moving forward. LTIR space can't be banked, but it gives 'free' space to call up players so the extras essentially don't count on the space throughout the season.

If they can get under the cap without using LTIR then make the moves after Tuesday they can get some extra space too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad