GDT: Avs vs Wings | 7:00MT | Today's Date | Introduce your face to your palm

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
O'Brien gets **** on too much this year. He hasn't been close to O'Byrne or Zanon bad, hell he hasn't even been HunnyBunny bad.

That isn't a fair comparison. SOB hasn't even been given the chance to be that bad. I'm sure he could get their if Sacco would give him the minutes.

SOB was really good last year, but he has looked bad when he is in the lineup so far this season. I think the lockout hurt him. He isn't in as good of shape.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
as much as some posters like this guy, there could be too much too soon, guy was called up not too long ago to lake erie, let him fester there for a bit, grow his game, don't want him to get called up and have him out his depth, or ahead of his development curve.

might as well give pock a chance, he did say he was coming to play for the avs, if i remember correctly when he was interviewed on the signing. he's probably going to bolt back to europe anyways.

Yea I would agree to that. I was hesitant to put his name there, I mean I cant see him being worse then Zanon. But its probably best for his development to stay with LEM and build on a great year down there.

Pock would be a good player to look at. He's played well in LEM all year and deserves at least a chance. With only 6 dmen on the roster and a lost season, it cant hurt us anymore.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That isn't a fair comparison. SOB hasn't even been given the chance to be that bad. I'm sure he could get their if Sacco would give him the minutes.

SOB was really good last year, but he has looked bad when he is in the lineup so far this season. I think the lockout hurt him. He isn't in as good of shape.

I disagree, I've been pretty content with his play when he has gotten called on. Does a lot better about not going full Pejorative Slur, or at least making sure he's got cover and the puck gets deep in the opposition zone when he does. He's the bottom pairing bum I want to keep to play with Wilson.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto

I disagree, SOB was not really good last year. He was our worst defenceman last season. ROB and Hunwick were decent in those days. That's not to say SOB was horrible all the time, but he probably led the team in boneheaded plays.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Avs should really call up someone from LEM on Defense. As it stands now we only have 6 Dmen up on the roster with Wilson on the IR and likely done for the season.

We should call up Beaupre or Pock and see what they can do at the NHL level, or bring up Elliott again. They cant be any worse then Zanon.

Wait, what? You want us to try to win!? What's the matter with you!?

sherman_tank.jpg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I disagree, I've been pretty content with his play when he has gotten called on. Does a lot better about not going full Pejorative Slur, or at least making sure he's got cover and the puck gets deep in the opposition zone when he does. He's the bottom pairing bum I want to keep to play with Wilson.

Yea, I thought his play this year has been much better then his play down the stretch for us last year.

He was a mess for us in the playoff race last year. This year he has looked better playing in a smaller role.

We should keep him around for the bottom pairing for now IMO. Zanon is the only one left on the roster that truly has to go IMO. He's not even good enough to be a #7 in the NHL. Hunny and Obrien could be bottom pairing or 7th guys at least.

Mant*

That team was worse on paper but they were not as incompetent on ice.

Worse on paper? I hope you're just referring to the on-ice roster in those few games that Arnason was centering the top line due to the injuries, and not uninjured roster. Otherwise, that's complete BS and you know it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I want an O'Brien-Wilson third pairing next year with no HunnyBunny or Zanon, so that when Wilson gets hurt we'll call up Elliott to play the Barrie role, to SOB's Hejda.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I remeber a lot of praise for Hunwick just this afternoon. What happened???

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
At fault for the game winning goal...

I don't think it's his fault that we don't have a better defenseman to play against Datsyuk than Hunwick.

Hunwick has his bad games, but usually puts up a decent display, despite playing waaaay more minutes than he should be able to handle.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I have seen every western conference team live except the Ducks, and Wings fans are BY FAR the worst of them all. They were AWFUL tonight (except the two cool people next to us, they were great)
They are all either the dooshiest ever (like, in 5 different frats level) or they're trailer trash. And half of them wear nascar jackets over their tucked in jerseys.

They got SO pumped. Like, you BARELY beat the last place team and we outplayed you most of the game. I wouldn't get too excited.
I don't mind losing but my Lord I wanted to punch everyone ever today. And it's not just the amount of them, I've been to Pittsburgh games and Chicago games and most of their fans are fine. I don't understand.
And they get so excited because there are so many of them. You realize you're all here because where you're from is awful, right? Why are you so excited?

I HATE THEM.

I'm sorry, I had to rant. They were just the worst. Also, half of them have Bertuzzi jerseys. Is that just a Colorado Wings fan thing? Like, of all the good players on your team, you spent $200 on Bertuzzi? They have to be trolling Denver right? RIGHT?!

Huis Clos*

I don't think it's his fault that we don't have a better defenseman to play against Datsyuk than Hunwick.

Hunwick has his bad games, but usually puts up a decent display, despite playing waaaay more minutes than he should be able to handle.

We can qualify it all we want, they teach six year old kids that you never let your man beat you to the net. Yeah Hunwick is in way over his head, but that was garbage defense.

At least Sacco finally got it right and gave Johnson 28+ minutes. It just took 37 games.

Huis Clos*

I have seen every western conference team live except the Ducks, and Wings fans are BY FAR the worst of them all. They were AWFUL tonight (except the two cool people next to us, they were great)
They are all either the dooshiest ever (like, in 5 different frats level) or they're trailer trash. And half of them wear nascar jackets over their tucked in jerseys.

They got SO pumped. Like, you BARELY beat the last place team and we outplayed you most of the game. I wouldn't get too excited.
I don't mind losing but my Lord I wanted to punch everyone ever today. And it's not just the amount of them, I've been to Pittsburgh games and Chicago games and most of their fans are fine. I don't understand.
And they get so excited because there are so many of them. You realize you're all here because where you're from is awful, right? Why are you so excited?

I HATE THEM.

I'm sorry, I had to rant. They were just the worst. Also, half of them have Bertuzzi jerseys. Is that just a Colorado Wings fan thing? Like, of all the good players on your team, you spent $200 on Bertuzzi? They have to be trolling Denver right? RIGHT?!

Detroit is one of if not the worst city in America. They can have their team full of aging stars.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

I HATE THEM.

hahaha. I love this post.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Just got back from the game and had few observations:

1. Zanon is the worst hockey player I have ever seen play NHL hockey. I used to go to a lot of Colorado Eagles games when they were in the Central Hockey League and most of the dmen in that league are better than him. This guy should not be in the NHL, let alone getting top 4 minutes. I've been going to Avs games since 95 and I've never seen anyone come close to his level of crappiness.

2. Giggy actually was pretty solid made some key saves for us. He always gives a professional effort.

3. Where in the hell have ROR and Landeskog gone? They were completely invisible tonight didn't even notice them once, this can't happen from your captain and your 2nd highest paid player. Neither player has done squat for about the last 5 games or so. Both need to pick it up.

4. EJ will be a better dman once he gets a real partner. He shows flashes of brilliance at least a couple times a night, but you also can tell he holds back because he doesn't have faith in his partner. There were a couple times tonight where it looked like he was about to attempt a big time play then maybe second guessed himself and made a safer play.

5. Liked the effort from Malone, Olver, and Pajamas.

6. Duchene and PAP look tired, I think the whole having to carry the entire offensive load every single night is wearing on them. They still were our best offensive threats tonight, but they look gassed.

7. Barrie looks like a player, still really raw and makes rookie mistakes but the skill is there give him 2 years and he will be a 40pts dman kind of in the Dan Boyle mold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad