GDT: Avs vs Wings | 7:00MT | Today's Date | Introduce your face to your palm

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Not bad for an AHL caliber team. Shame all these teams who are so much better than us play down to our level and keep us in games. They should be embarrassed for letting the worst Avs team ever iced to get a point.

Woah, woah, woah. Tyler Arnason was once the first line center for the Avs. This team sucks, but let's not get carried away.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mhmmm. If we can get Jones and either Siemens or Elliot develops properly we're going to have a very solid defense in the future.

Agreed about the Landeskog part. I like that he wants to improve certain areas of his game but he's damaging the other parts of his game that made him great in the process.

That's how you integrate new skills, you try them to figure out how they work/what you can do with them, then you work them into what your game was already all about. I think Landy working on his playmaking is an important step he was going to have to make eventually, like him honing down the precision of his shot.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Defensively he was really good. And he played against Datyuk's line all night. He did have ROR and Landy with him all those shifts too. Which doesn't hurt.

Yea, and I thought he was pretty good offensively too. He pushed the play forward a lot, and he and Barrie were often down behind the goal line in the offensive zone. They joined into the play very well.

He didn't look good on the PP, but he needs to play on the Left side in order to be effective. As it is now he cant wind up for the one timer on the right side. Put him on the left side and let him launch that bomb all day.

Really liked his game tonight. I feel confident that if we can find another good partner for him to play with, he would start to look like the 1st overall guy he was drafted to be.

We need to try and convert Barrie or Jones(If we get him) to the Left side. Barrie and EJ together could be a strong pairing in a couple years. At the same time a Defensive rock like Siemens would allow EJ to be even more creative.

It'll be interesting to see what the Avs do with our defense, lots of options in a couple years, even more if we draft Jones.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Datsyuk is a great guy, he is hard to hate. Although I know a Wings fan who never shuts up about him so that gets really annoying.

He is one of my favorite players. Just because he plays on a donkey punch of a team doesn't mean I can't like him.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Barrie was a -2 and took a penalty at the end of the game.

He might as well book his place in the press box for next game now.

He will be rubbing Eric Lacriox's feet and feeding him grapes. Chocolate dipped grapes, hold the grapes.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The Avs should really call up someone from LEM on Defense. As it stands now we only have 6 Dmen up on the roster with Wilson on the IR and likely done for the season.

We should call up Beaupre or Pock and see what they can do at the NHL level, or bring up Elliott again. They cant be any worse then Zanon.

IceyDice

Sep 16, 2012
That's how you integrate new skills, you try them to figure out how they work/what you can do with them, then you work them into what your game was already all about. I think Landy working on his playmaking is an important step he was going to have to make eventually, like him honing down the precision of his shot.

You know what, that's a good point. Definitely a good thing in the long run but it's frustrating to see now. I'd prefer if he worked on his shot though as it's pretty weak.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
SOB with 9 minutes.

Wow did he fall out of favor quick. Can't blame Sacco for that though. SOB looks like ****. He looked really slow tonight.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Woah, woah, woah. Tyler Arnason was once the first line center for the Avs. This team sucks, but let's not get carried away.

Just trying to get on the current bandwagon. Although this does not make any sense, I actually don't think this team is near as bad as their record shows.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
You know what, that's a good point. Definitely a good thing in the long run but it's frustrating to see now. I'd prefer if he worked on his shot though as it's pretty weak.

Would also like to see him work on his shot. He's the type of player where I think velocity will be more important than accuracy. If he can get his shot off faster, and harder, combined with the volume we saw last year he would be a terrifying force down the road.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
The Avs should really call up someone from LEM on Defense. As it stands now we only have 6 Dmen up on the roster with Wilson on the IR and likely done for the season.

We should call up Beaupre or Pock and see what they can do at the NHL level, or bring up Elliott again. They cant be any worse then Zanon.

as much as some posters like this guy, there could be too much too soon, guy was called up not too long ago to lake erie, let him fester there for a bit, grow his game, don't want him to get called up and have him out his depth, or ahead of his development curve.

might as well give pock a chance, he did say he was coming to play for the avs, if i remember correctly when he was interviewed on the signing. he's probably going to bolt back to europe anyways.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
SOB with 9 minutes.

Wow did he fall out of favor quick. Can't blame Sacco for that though. SOB looks like ****. He looked really slow tonight.

Still should have been Zanon playing the low minutes haha.

If we relied on Hejda and Barrie for 22 Minutes a night, then Johnson and (dare I say it) Hunwick for 25 mins a night, our Defense wouldn't be half bad. Give Obrien and Zanon 13 mins playing PK and other teams 4th line, and we'd be alright like we were tonight.

Problem is, next game Johnson will get 19 Mins, Hunwick 26 Minutes, Zanon 24 Minutes and Obrien 22 minutes and we'll lose 5-2. Good for the tank, bad for actually looking like a competitive team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
O'Brien gets **** on too much this year. He hasn't been close to O'Byrne or Zanon bad, hell he hasn't even been HunnyBunny bad.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Just trying to get on the current bandwagon. Although this does not make any sense, I actually don't think this team is near as bad as their record shows.

Agreed. But thats how the league is now, back before the 2 lockouts (wow 2, just so stupid) if you were a last place team like an Ottawa or SJ it REALLY showed. These days even if your a top team you cant just show up and expect to win. Its probably one of the few post lockout things I like.

IceyDice

Sep 16, 2012
Would also like to see him work on his shot. He's the type of player where I think velocity will be more important than accuracy. If he can get his shot off faster, and harder, combined with the volume we saw last year he would be a terrifying force down the road.

Agreed. Quick shot off, generate rebounds, crash the net. Start practicing Lando!

Mant*

That team had an excuse... heavy injuries to the top lines, with the most man games lost the team has ever had.

This team just has a crappy roster.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Me to, but both are things we need him to do better at down the road, and I think the playmaking is one that takes longer to fully integrate and master, whereas refining his shot is something that can be done in an offseason or two. So I'm cool with him getting started on the longer to grow skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad