Post-Game Talk: Avs vs. Wild Game 1 : 9:30pm EST/7:30pm MST: Pay Stastny what he wants !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
reverseavery.gif
StewieBuff.gif

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Did they have a practice today? If so did anyone go or have there been any updates on players like Mitchell and Duchene? I know that Mitchell has already been ruled out for tomrrow, more just looking at if anyone has mentioned if he's still progressing. And obviously we all want to know more on Matt.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Some of those Minnesota fans in the mainboard thread are absolutely ridiculous. I've never witnessed such ignorance from a fanbase before.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Did they have a practice today? If so did anyone go or have there been any updates on players like Mitchell and Duchene? I know that Mitchell has already been ruled out for tomrrow, more just looking at if anyone has mentioned if he's still progressing. And obviously we all want to know more on Matt.

I think I saw it was an off-day.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Noting the sarcasm of course and the odds of a sweep being slim to none, I really hope that is what happens here. Avs could use the time off and extra practice time to get Duchene and Mitchell back into the swing of things, plus then there would be zero pressure to rush either guy back. I know everyone fears the dreaded over-rested roster losing big mo, but we can dream of a sweep :naughty:

#whynotsweep

Our team are exceptionally bad at maintaining their play over any extended breaks. With how young our kids are I don't think anybody who's healthy will get worn down by this run, the only benefit of a sweet would be that it ensures Duchene is fully recovered before returning, but I'm not sure that is worth that loss of form this team suffers each time there's a serious break.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So the wild are putting Haula in Brodziak's spot next to Nino and Cooke on their third line. That worries me. Their bottom 6 already was taking it to us this game and Haula is a kid I like a lot, who's really flashed against us. I expect that line to do a lot of damage if Malkin isn't back to give our third line a chance.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
It seems Minnesota fans should be angrier with the rules than the actual calls the refs made (or didn't). Tyson Barrie did not interfere with the Wild players based on the definition of interference in the rules.

Their argument would be better supported if they simply advocated that incidental interference in the offensive zone should result in a faceoff in the neutral zone. It would work similarly to how goalie interference only results in a penalty (I believe) if it was deliberate; if it's incidental, the goal is disallowed but no penalty is called.

I'm not saying that should be a rule change, but at least it's a logical argument.

That said, I can't blame Wild fans for being angry about it. I'm sure many of us would be too if the situation was reversed. Objectively the right non-call was made, but it's hard to be objective in playoff hockey.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think I saw it was an off-day.

Yea Roy said they'd just work in the gym have meetings and rest. So probably not a whole lot of news from reporters unless, you know, someone tries to find it without it being handed to them on a platter during press conferences.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Varly had a case of happy feet and was giving up huge rebounds due to probably rust and excitement but I mentioned that he looked like he was settling down in the third. He started swallowing the puck again late in the third and made all the huge saves he needs to. Early on it almost seemed like he was OVER challenging and taking away any time he had to react and control the rebound.

That is the most impressive thing about Varlamov. He is absolutely incredible late in the game when the game is close - I remember someone posting some unbelievable stats for those situations. He *always* makes the big saves when the game is on the line, even when he's having an off day. Almost never lets in the "back-breaking" goal late. When the Avs are down in the third they can be as aggressive as they want because they pretty much KNOW that no more are getting past Varly. The guy has some unbelievable mental toughness and I love how calm he is. Many goalies angrily swipe the puck out of their net and get visibly affected. Even on his worst night Varlamov seems to just adjust his equipment and calmly refocus.

I could not agree more with this. Well said. :handclap:

The refs let the Wild get away with murder the first two periods, and had an extremely short leash for the Avs penalties. Then they started letting the Avs get away with more in the 3rd.

They have only themselves to blame. If their game didn't revolve around interference, Cooke would have been able to cover Stastny instead of leaning into Barrie knocking himself down, and they might have won. They also might have tried to do more than dump the puck in at the red line for the entire 3rd period.

What is with Minnesota and their obsession with boring defensive hockey? Lou and NJ finally figured out they can't play like this anymore, why can't the Wild?

That's harsh, the Wild had to weather the storm early against us but they played their part in a really exciting game after the first ten minutes. Until they came out in the third to sit on their lead, which is something our avs do to, so it's unfair to harp on them for that.

That's a good young team to, and were actually pretty fun to watch this year with a roster that should only grow more exciting as midgets like Granlund, Brodin and Spurgeon continue to figure out how to deal with the NHL and with their big kids like Nino and Coyle still learning how to use their bodies in this league.

So purty it needed to be quoted again.

i read that stuff for lolz. i rarely post on the mains anymore. not worth it.

:laugh:

awesome.

seemed to be pretty damn good atmosphere at the can.

As long as you use two separate ways of communicating you can troll the idjits and find the occasionally informative dialogue with intelligent fans of other teams.

On the main board Wild fans are comparing Coyle to MacKinnon :D

Let's be fair. It's 1 fan. We've had 1 fan go ******* on the mainboard before to.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I seriously don't think they'll ever have Duchene skate in front of the gaggle of reporters. I'm not trying so say they are hiding him per se just that it's more than obvious what's going on if he skates before practice or something. I also get the sense he's not attending the games at all. Nobody has even mentioned laying eyes on him there or at the practice facility.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Some of those Minnesota fans in the mainboard thread are absolutely ridiculous. I've never witnessed such ignorance from a fanbase before.

Main board first timer I see. Man you should see what some of the canadian and big eastcoast fanbases say, them ****** go crazy.

I don't even hear that song anymore. All I've been able to hear for the last ten years is this.

And just like that you are forgiven for all of the times you've been wrong when arguing with me. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad