Post-Game Talk: Avs vs. Wild Game 1 : 9:30pm EST/7:30pm MST: Pay Stastny what he wants !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
the reffing did not decide this game. bad goaltending and trying to sit on the lead cost the wild

Exactly, they whine about EJ dislodging the goal even though he didn't do it on purpose, I guess they think stopping on a dime after going full throttle is a piece of cake and Barrie didn't even see Cooke on the last goal, it was just an accidental collision.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I have Sirius xm in my rental car. Getting lots of love from nhl radio. I'll be more specific later when I'm not driving/working

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
> Goes to bed at 12 to sleep before game at half 2
> Wake up from some weird dream after I think THERE'S A HOCKEY GAME
> Is 4:06
> Check score on phone, see it's 4-2 Wild with about 50 seconds left in the 2nd
> Debate getting up for third, decide it's not worth it
> Guess I'm not trying for sleep before games again these playoffs

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
KEB7Fz.gif

Also this:

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
Lol at Giggy shoving and hitting Cody McLeod at the side of the pile there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

That juxtapose of the entire Avs team rushing into the corner celebrating in the background, with all the Wild players and Bryz on the ice completely motionless in the foreground is just awesome. Great shot.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
the reffing did not decide this game. bad goaltending and trying to sit on the lead cost the wild

Matt Cooke cost the Wild the game by causing the scrum that brought the faceoff outside the zone prior to the tying goal, and taking himself out of the play by trying to interfere with Barrie leaving Stastny to score the game winner.

Not sure how much attention this got because of how many great moments there were in the game, but I love how Barrie didn't hesitate one second to charge Cooke all by himself for shooting the puck at EJ in the goal. Never seen that side of him before. This team really has a tight bond.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Matt Cooke cost the Wild the game by causing the scrum that brought the faceoff outside the zone prior to the tying goal, and taking himself out of the play by trying to interfere with Barrie leaving Stastny to score the game winner.

Not sure how much attention this got because of how many great moments there were in the game, but I love how Barrie didn't hesitate one second to charge Cooke all by himself for shooting the puck at EJ in the goal. Never seen that side of him before. This team really has a tight bond.

Just like how passionately EJ wanted to put Parise's head through the ice after he ran into Varly. This kind of comradery is refreshing to see from the team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Great quote from the captain:

Once again, it shows character in this dressing room. Once again, there's no quitting in here. We all wanted this so bad and we worked so hard to get home-ice advantage and we weren't going to let this one slide.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

I was looking through the pictures from the game earlier and saw a shot of this from the side with the caption "Varlamov shields the view of Koivu" or something similar and had no idea what was going on. I'm not sure if I do even now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I was looking through the pictures from the game earlier and saw a shot of this from the side with the caption "Varlamov shields the view of Koivu" or something similar and had no idea what was going on. I'm not sure if I do even now.

The goalies allowed to protect the paint area so you see goalies come out like that to cut off the angle so the forechecker can't have a direct route to jump on the D man with the puck.

I think Varly is smartly shielding his vision too so he can't see where the puck is and get a read on which direction he may go. Wouldn't be surprised if this was Roy's suggestion.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I'm going to now have to stay away from the main thread on the Playoffs board... wouldn't trade Coyle for MacKinnon... :shakehead
Those people are the reason why HF is so awesome. Saying some really idiotic and really mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad