GDT: Avs vs Sharks @ 8:30 MST

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
The Avs did not give up, but they still can't close. They give up way too many late 3rd period goals.

I'm happy that we were able to steal the losers point, but when you take the lead with 2 minutes left you gotta hold onto that lead. Avs need help on D bad. I'm open to trading PAP now. He's been so terrible lately.

Mant*

Dater: You got great saves from Varly... uhhh... the guy had uhh forty something saves... uhhh...

Roy: Yep.

Dater: I don't know... uhh... again...

Roy nods knowingly.

Dater: Was he... you know... just uhh... maybe... I don't know...

Roy grinning at the fool.

Dater: I don't have a question.

Roy: He was more happy about that game than about the blog you made today. That's for sure.

Dater: uhhh...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yes the blog was about Varly's accuser. A very lengthy statement from her that pretty much said nothing except she retold the entire story, which I thought was unnecessary to print.

Did Dater seriously say "I don't have a question"?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Dater: You got great saves from Varly... uhhh... the guy had uhh forty something saves... uhhh...

Roy: Yep.

Dater: I don't know... uhh... again...

Roy nods knowingly.

Dater: Was he... you know... just uhh... maybe... I don't know...

Roy grinning at the fool.

Dater: I don't have a question.

Roy: He was more happy about that game than about the blog you made today. That's for sure.

Dater: uhhh...

All time :laugh:

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
glad we where able to go into OT... and yes nice to close and get the W but seriously thats a really good sharks teem we took to a SO in there house...
Glad for the loser point, glad for the PP goal.... Im impressed how well we matched up. Throughout the game I felt we played competitively

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
glad we where able to go into OT... and yes nice to close and get teh W but seriously thats a really good sharks teem we took to a SO in there house...
Glad for the loser point, glad for the PP goal.... Im impressed how well we matched up. Throughout the game I felt we played competetively

Agreed. I think the Avs played a solid 40 minutes tonight. Sharks should be better. They've been a contender for awhile now. They have a ton of talent, skill, and a great coach. I think we actually match up against them pretty well. A lot of the Goals Against were once again poor defensive decisions/positioning. Do that against good teams and they'll bite you.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Yes the blog was about Varly's accuser. A very lengthy statement from her that pretty much said nothing except she retold the entire story, which I thought was unnecessary to print.

Did Dater seriously say "I don't have a question"?

I agree. Unless there is new evidence, or she is launching a civil suit against Varlamov then there is no point in republishing the story.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Went to tout look at the vid , and I was greeted with this mug :help:

078162D9-79F6-4568-8A60-7BF81A2AA018.png

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Under Sacco: 7 goals in 126 games.
Under Roy: 6 goals in 36 games.

Obviously Johnson's pace over these last 2 weeks won't keep up, but it would be lovely if he could break 10 goals and 40 points.

I don't get why people are mad that the Avs lost tonight. They were 2 minutes away from getting nothing. Team battled hard and lost to a Powerhouse in a shootout. No shame in that.

member 116861

I can't complain because at least we got a point but imagine how good that would have felt to get 2 points going into the Christmas break.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I don't understand why people are so upset. That Mitchell goal was very lucky. This game was really destined for OT/SO.

I agree. I'd happily take a point in San Jose. And that isn't part of any "losing mentality". Just be realistic and not lose your head completely when your team doesn't get 2 points.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Getting one point from LA and Sharks is good. Now we need to destroy Anaheim and It would make pretty darn good road trip IMO.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Stastny had a better shot and more composure in front of net, he'd be a 30 goal scorer year in and year out. He has a great ability to find himself open right in front of net but he struggles putting the puck in goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad