GDT: Avs vs Preds | April 7th, 2015 | 7 PM MT | The Season Trickles Down the Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116861

Who sprayed the water bottle?

Congrats Hishon! So happy for him.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
That was fun. Had to watch the 3rd on DVR due to a bit of volleyball.

So glad Hishon popped his

Some big saves by both goalies.

Seemed like good effort all night for the most part.

Felt like a little: "I'll see your Tank and raise you my pride"

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great to hear the positive comments about Hishon from Roy tonight. It's only two games but hopefully Hishon takes advantage of the increased role and minutes Roy says he's going to give him.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Nice win by the Avs !! I didn't watch the game but I caught the highlights when getting up and I really loved O'Reilly's rocket (for the 2nd goal). Hishon cashing in was awesome to see as well : I think he should be on the roster next year. When I've seen him, he hasn't looked bad ; it's just that he's been playing with crummy players most of the time :laugh:.

Nice win, Flyers win as well ;).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's going to give Hishon a bigger role with Everberg out pretty much. And that he's curious to see how he does. Said he's happy with him though.

Few things, Roy also said they went with 4 D and were happy with them. Redmond didn't see much time in the third and Hejda saw less time. Caron and Hamilton didn't see much of the third either.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Is it known to anyone yet as to how long Everberg is going to be injured ? I didn't watch the game : what happened to him ?

Hopefully he's back in time for the start of training camp.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Sooooo glad to hear Hishon got his first. Big night for the kid even if it comes on the heels of the everberg injury.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Well I dreamt we won 7-1 with Everberg scoring a hat-trick.
Glad we won, but if Everberg needs surgery he's out until next season is already underway.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
With the play he made to strip the puck, the move at the blueline, and the snipe ...you can see why he was in that draft group of Tarasenko, and Schwartz.

I mean what if he can keep progressing and stay healthy and has the same kind of impact those two have on the blues??

FoppaForsberg*

Yeah. That'd be something.. However let's pump the breaks a little. If he can carve outta niche of a two way 3rd liner who gets some PP time, I'd be happy.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Yeah. That'd be something.. However let's pump the breaks a little. If he can carve outta niche of a two way 3rd liner who gets some PP time, I'd be happy.
vader.jpg

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
With the play he made to strip the puck, the move at the blueline, and the snipe ...you can see why he was in that draft group of Tarasenko, and Schwartz.
In fairness, Cliche is the one who stripped the puck, not Hishon.

A long term injury to Everberg would be awful. He needs this summer to train and get stronger.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
So freakin happy for Hishon. He was creating all freakin night it was bound to happen. GWG to boot. I dont know why but I want Hish to succeed.

That goal was a prime example of Hishon's skill shining through. McLeod, Bordy, etc. have wet dreams about being able to stickhandle around defender's poke-checks. Love to see the kid score, he was clearly overjoyed. :handclap:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
In fairness, Cliche is the one who stripped the puck, not Hishon.

A long term injury to Everberg would be awful. He needs this summer to train and get stronger.

Agreed. It wouldn't be good if it's a long-term injury...which has me kind of confused by their wording. Unless I've missed something while I was sleeping, they're just saying he's out for the rest of the season, but since the season is only 2 more games, that's not necessarily that big of a deal.

Hopefully some news can come about quickly on this.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
What a finish by Iginla. He is still, easily, the best natural goal scorer on this team and shows why he has scored almost 600 goals in this league. One times a sauce pass top shelf to the far side, reading the goalie coming across to cut off the short side angle. Sick shot.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'm worried he might finally need surgery but that's speculation on my part. If he does it's minimum 6 months.

Depends on the injury. I had to have surgery to repair a torn tendon in my finger. I was playing basketball everyday for weeks before the surgery (certainly made injury worse) and fairly soon after as well as soon as I could take the small finger brace off (about a month).

Unless it's something like his shoulder again I don't think surgery would hurt his off-season work out. Conditioning shouldn't be a problem at all. And he should still be able to grip weights still (with my surgery I had to do physical therapy to get movement back in my finger which really just involved squeezing things while applying heat to the area).

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Depends on the injury. I had to have surgery to repair a torn tendon in my finger. I was playing basketball everyday for weeks before the surgery (certainly made injury worse) and fairly soon after as well as soon as I could take the small finger brace off (about a month).

Unless it's something like his shoulder again I don't think surgery would hurt his off-season work out. Conditioning shouldn't be a problem at all. And he should still be able to grip weights still (with my surgery I had to do physical therapy to get movement back in my finger which really just involved squeezing things while applying heat to the area).
Roy said it's his shoulder again, not sure if it's the same one he hurt at the start of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad