GDT: Avs vs Preds | April 7th, 2015 | 7 PM MT | The Season Trickles Down the Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

OSqEdr6.jpg
g9VJV9V.jpg

F1J0I62.jpg
88ndFQn.jpg

qmGvbvE.jpg
bUO1R9P.jpg

tzRXEXO.jpg
6I8V70u.jpg

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Is it bad to admit that I forgot we had a game today without this thread here? Just like I forgot about the LAK game?

I'm going to miss hockey all offseason and yet here I am not even trying to watch the last games of the season.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
guenin has outscored bouwmeester and kulikov since jan 15th.

much cheaper contract so their respective teams should be the ones adding, no?

also tied in 5on5 points with doughty and brodin and ahead of hammer, suter, weber, sekera, keith, fowler and more than double the points chara has.

guenin might be the most underrated player in the league.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado

also tied in 5on5 points with doughty and brodin and ahead of hammer, suter, weber, sekera, keith, fowler and more than double the points chara has.

Buy low, sell high? :sarcasm:

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Guenin has effectively doubled his points every season he has been in the NHL. Next season he'll be a 30 point getter, then the season after that 60, then 120 and so on and so forth. Better lock him up long term before we have to pay him big money.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Guenin has effectively doubled his points every season he has been in the NHL. Next season he'll be a 30 point getter, then the season after that 60, then 120 and so on and so forth. Better lock him up long term before we have to pay him big money.

I see him topping out at 240.

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Is it bad to admit that I forgot we had a game today without this thread here? Just like I forgot about the LAK game?

I'm going to miss hockey all offseason and yet here I am not even trying to watch the last games of the season.

I know the feeling. I'm just worn out. It's been a long up and down season. Hard to get excited for games that mean nothing.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy specifically mentioned in his presser this morning (Moser posted it on twitter) that their puck possession is at the bottom of the league. I think that's the first I've heard him say that.

Roy also got asked about Rendulic, said he'd be surprised if he even returns before LE's season ends. Bordeleau feels his leg still isn't strong enough. MacKinnon will be ready in a couple more weeks to skate.

He also kind of comments on what ROR said in that Puck Daddy article. He said the top teams play the same way all the time, like LA, St. Louis, Chicago. Making a lot of adjustments is more of a band aid, it's more about controlling the game.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Roy specifically mentioned in his presser this morning (Moser posted it on twitter) that their puck possession is at the bottom of the league. I think that's the first I've heard him say that.

Roy also got asked about Rendulic, said he'd be surprised if he even returns before LE's season ends. Bordeleau feels his leg still isn't strong enough. MacKinnon will be ready in a couple more weeks to skate.

He also kind of comments on what ROR said in that Puck Daddy article. He said the top teams play the same way all the time, like LA, St. Louis, Chicago. Making a lot of adjustments is more of a band aid, it's more about controlling the game.

What's kind of frightful about this, is that it could turn into something psychological.

The last hockey game I've ever played, I partially tore my ACL from sliding to block a shot. As I was getting up, I somehow placed all my weight onto the knee and heard 3 pops and went down. That was about 1.5-2 years ago. Now, while I've never gotten it fixed (I couldn't afford to), I'm sure I could lace up even roller blades and skate for fun in a roller hockey league (as long as it was extremely non-competitive), but it's too much of a psychological barrier for me. I don't want to take the chance to feel that pain again.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs get 0 points in the remaining games they have 89% chance of finishing 7th from the bottom according to the math guesses at sportsclubstats.

If they get 2 points the most likely outcome is 8th from the bottom (46% chance)

If they get 4 points the most likely outcome is 9th from the bottom (53%)

If they get 6 points the most likely outcome is 11th from the bottom (45%)

Play for pride, scrubs.

2cor4e8.jpg

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Oops, didn't see this before I posted about it in the other thread. Was definitely an interesting one.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i think what ROR meant with adjustments was that we have to make them.. to be able to control the play better, for example.

obviously just adjustments aren't enough as the current roster isn't suited to play a game where they control most of the game.

member 116861

Who is everyone cheering for to win the team scoring title?

#TeamDuchene

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Gotta go with Landeskog for points and hope Iginla reaches 30 goals. Have Landy get 2 points per game these last three games and finish at 63. People will start to appreciate his game more, if they don't already, as more than just a "grinder" :laugh:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'd be fine with anyone Avs don't have to re-sign anytime soon scoring the most points. So one of Iginla, Landeskog or Duchene is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad