GDT: Avs vs Pens | March 4th, 2015 | 8 PM MT | The Shining of Alex Tanguay's Bald

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I thought Hishon played a pretty sound game. Did everything Roy was asking of him. Competed hard for the puck, always back checked hard, and displayed good defensive awareness and positioning.

I think this play probably put him in good graces with Roy too. Showed a good awareness and quick reaction to the turnover, and broke up a dangerous scoring chance. Could have just kept floating towards the wing and watched it develop, but he didn't hesitate and made the effort to break up the play.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
That play is pretty hilarious before Hishon's steal. Guenin launches the puck at Barrie's stomach, who is in pain and panics and tosses it up the middle.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That play is pretty hilarious before Hishon's steal. Guenin launches the puck at Barrie's stomach, who is in pain and panics and tosses it up the middle.

Yea that was kind of a comical routine. Barrie looked hurt too as he skated tot he bench and hunched over when he got there. Wonder if Guenin fired it at his wrist or something. Not sure what Bears was thinking though flipping it into the middle like that.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Yea that was kind of a comical routine. Barrie looked hurt too as he skated tot he bench and hunched over when he got there. Wonder if Guenin fired it at his wrist or something. Not sure what Bears was thinking though flipping it into the middle like that.

Wasn't much of a choice. Cliche didn't look all that interested in getting the puck.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
That entire sequence sums up our D haha. Guenin offers up the friendly fire to hiw partner, Barrie in a panic move launches a grenade into the slot, Cliche pretends like he wants to block it and then out of the mist Joey Magician swoops in for a steal.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sid probably realized he was having a garbage game tonight.

I wonder who at the end of their careers ultimately will go down as the better player: Crosby or Malkin. It may be a bit unfair given I don't think Crosby has been the same player since his concussions, nor will he ever be the same player. But when Malkin decides to physically impose himself as he did tonight in the 3rd, you better pray you got a good goaltender because the defence sure as hell isn't gonna stop him.

If Malkin was born in Flin Flon it wouldnt be an argument as far as im concerned. For all the flack Ovechkin gets for his controller being disconnected Crosby has the same amount and last night was a perfect example.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Malkin was born in Flin Flon it wouldnt be an argument as far as im concerned. For all the flack Ovechkin gets for his controller being disconnected Crosby has the same amount and last night was a perfect example.

He just seems to have a bigger overall impact on the game. And it's not just yesterday, either. It's whenever I watch the Penguins play. They'll both have their moments, but Malkin flat out takes over a game, whereas Crosby looks to get others involved and often defers too much. He doesn't take over games on his own the same way Malkin does.

They both have their lazy moments where they look uninterested in games, though. Yesterday if Malkin hadn't turned it up in the 3rd we'd be talking about both guys looking like they were uninterested

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He just seems to have a bigger overall impact on the game. And it's not just yesterday, either. It's whenever I watch the Penguins play. They'll both have their moments, but Malkin flat out takes over a game, whereas Crosby looks to get others involved and often defers too much. He doesn't take over games on his own the same way Malkin does.

They both have their lazy moments where they look uninterested in games, though. Yesterday if Malkin hadn't turned it up in the 3rd we'd be talking about both guys looking like they were uninterested

Im in the same boat. Both are tremendous talents but if you asked me who I would take in a game 7 balls on the table and all I would take Geno. Its the old Foppa vs Sakic debate again lol.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I was at 2 Penguins games live. Both times Malkin was absolutely invisible. Both players, and ALL players have off shifts and off games. Few can keep it up for an entire season.

Malkin has better individual skill. Crosby creates more for the other 4 guys on the ice.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Pens were probably looking to nap their way through this one just the competent Avs decided to show up instead. I haven't followed the Pens and Sid much but haven't they been saying he's been off all year, he only has 20 goals and had some long streak where he didn't score a point blah blah.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I was at 2 Penguins games live. Both times Malkin was absolutely invisible. Both players, and ALL players have off shifts and off games. Few can keep it up for an entire season.

Malkin has better individual skill. Crosby creates more for the other 4 guys on the ice.

That's why I say whenever I watch Penguins games, it's usually Malkin who flat out takes over and dominates. Crosby defers, he doesn't decide that he's going to go God-Mode on teams all by himself.

It is crazy though, as TV pointed out, that Crosby is the guy people are pointing to as having an off season yet he's what, 4 points behind 1st in the NHL? I wish our guys could have an off year like that lol

member 116861

I'm very happy that I got to see Johnny Malkin assist Evgeni Malkin with a goal.

The highlight of the night though was Landy at the end of the 3 stars interview.

We have to go balls out the rest of the way.
-Our Captain

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I really don't get the complaints about Mitchell... His line was great last night. They played against Crosby almost the entire time.

And not only they limited him, they also generated some offense (hell, they even scored a goal). Obviously Everberg was the best player, but Tanguay AND Mitchell played really well last night.

About Caron, the way i see it, he is a guy that we'll have to show that he can keep up with Duchene. To me he looked like a player that is top 6 or bust.

So, he will need to show that he has some puck skills to go along with his size, otherwise i don't think he will be a good fit on the bottom 6. That is my first impression of him.

Nah man. Caron to me looks like hes a capable bottom 6 guy. Its not top 6 or bust its more like bottom 6 or AHL. Its fine for the time that he gets a chance to play with Matt but if hes on the top line to start next season ill be pissed...less he finishes the season on a tear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad