Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs dominated. Kings laying an egg like this after Doughty made those comments lets you know the dysfunction in that room.

Bullshit call against Mackinnon. What a great play by Nathan only to get a bs call like that against him.

LOC might have finally figured out how to score beyond October and November. No more 50 game goal droughts. What a shot on that first goal.

Nathan is the MVP.

Makar looked great.

Georgiev was great. Nobody on earth is stopping that Fiala shot.

PLD is such a big waste.

I hate Ryan Johansen.

Yeah that pretty much covers it! :laugh:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Far too many times to count quite frankly. His lazy, irresponsible play with the puck has absolutely cost the Avs defensively multiple times this year.
Is that a fact, or just what you feel like saying? Because whenever Avs gave up goals being lazy in the d zone , I haven’t really heard Mikko’s name being responsible

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I thought Georgiev was fantastic tonight. Great way to head into the break.

He made few big key saves which made this game easy for us. Especially the breakaway when the game 3-1 and then Avs scored.

First part of the season we were not getting these saves and it made games way harder than they should have been. Team is clicking right now.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Is that a fact, or just what you feel like saying? Because whenever Avs gave up goals being lazy in the d zone , I haven’t really heard Mikko’s name being responsible
I mean... He's absolutely been the cause of goals for being lazy on clearing attempts or lazy get to his man in the Defensive zone.

But, it also isn't just the defensive zone either. Lazy plays in the neutral zone, hell even the offensive zone, can directly lead to goals or high quality chances against and Mikko has absolutely had more then his fair share of those as well.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Another great team win. Noticeable contrast between how Devon Toews stepped up his game after calling out his team, and how Doughty coughed up the puck for a goal against to start tonight’s game.

Much better game from Girard tonight than last game. Skating well and not really any mistakes. When he plays like this he helps the team out a ton.

Thought Byram was just ok. Just one mistake really on the shot block/breakaway. He has to get the puck through there, even walking the blueline on his off side. Cross checking penalty was pretty soft, but the matching trip might have been too, couldn’t tell. He needs to play more on his toes to be more effective. Still waiting to see that on a regular basis.

Really not sure why they keep playing Bo on his off side though. Do you want to see what you have in him this year or not? Do you want him to be at his best or a lesser version of himself? He can play the right side ok, but he’s clearly not as comfortable as he is on the left.

LOL at him messing with Cale about giving the D core $100k. Also lol at Georgie telling his GF, “Good news honey we’re going to Toronto instead of Mexico (for vacation).”

LOC another huge game. He’s pretty much solidified himself as a 3rd liner. Don’t think we can call him a 4th liner any more just like Woody. He’s just upped his skill level through hard work. His shot is legit now.

Another really solid game from Georgie too. He keeps playing like this, and they can win it all again.

Rest up everyone, gonna be another tough road down the stretch.

Last edited:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I mean... He's absolutely been the cause of goals for being lazy on clearing attempts or lazy get to his man in the Defensive zone.

But, it also isn't just the defensive zone either. Lazy plays in the neutral zone, hell even the offensive zone, can directly lead to goals or high quality chances against and Mikko has absolutely had more then his fair share of those as well.
I agree with this. There's a bit of sloppy attitude or lack of focus. It's pretty obvious when paired next to MacKinnon.

Not that anyone would look good next to MacK.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I agree with this. There's a bit of sloppy attitude or lack of focus. It's pretty obvious when paired next to MacKinnon.

Not that anyone would look good next to MacK.
Yeah. I dont really know how we got to this bashing on Mikko stuff again as I thought he was fine tonight...

But in general he's been pretty lackluster this year and absolutely getting a large boost from Mack going god mode. Lack of focus honestly feels like part of the problem maybe even more then laziness.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

You’re just nitpicking. The guy is 4th in the league in scoring and the Avs are winning games. I don’t disagree that Mikko makes lazy plays sometimes but it’s not as bad as you make it sound

Reactions: Azrael89 and LOFIN

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
LOC might have finally figured out how to score beyond October and November. No more 50 game goal droughts. What a shot on that first goal.
While not as cool looking, I thought that second shot was more impressive, the time to collect the pass, pivot, and fire was impressive as hell.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Live look at Doughty postgame.

IMG_1289.jpeg

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Said it before; MacFarland is frustrating but something to be thankful for is that Wood-Colton-O’Connor line.

Individually and on paper, maybe they’re not so impressive. But together, they’ve been lethal. Very likable part of this team.

Think about it. That line generated a lot of chances and scores to allow the Avs to amass a lead. That line afforded Bednar the luxury to save minutes on key guys in the last 7 minutes of the game.

One more thing. That line plays to the Avs identity of speed and energy. That line is a big difference between the Avs of 2024 and 2023.

Yes, there’s a concern that the offense might dry up. But maybe not if they keep creating chaos?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So Rycroft thinks Georgiev should be a Vezina finalist. I don't mind a little bit of homerism but statements like that just makes him and Altitude look bad.
...and the homerism on TV is watered down compared to Altitude radio.

Reactions: Metallo

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Another great team win. Noticeable contrast between how Devon Toews stepped up his game after calling out his team, and how Doughty coughed up the puck for a goal against to start tonight’s game.

Much better game from Girard tonight than last game. Skating well and not really any mistakes. When he plays like this he helps the team out a ton.

Thought Byram was just ok. Just one mistake really on the shot block/breakaway. He has to get the puck through there, even walking the blueline on his off side. Cross checking penalty was pretty soft, but the matching trip might have been too, couldn’t tell. He needs to play more on his toes to be more effective. Still waiting to see that on a regular basis.

Really not sure why they keep playing Bo on his off side though. Do you want to see what you have in him this year or not? Do you want him to be at his best or a lesser version of himself? He can play the right side ok, but he’s clearly not as comfortable as he is on the left.

LOL at him messing with Cale about giving the D core $100k. Also lol at Georgie telling his GF, “Good news honey we’re going to Toronto instead of Mexico (for vacation).”

LOC another huge game. He’s pretty much solidified himself as a 3rd liner. Don’t think we can call him a 4th liner any more just like Woody. He’s just upped his skill level through hard work. His shot is legit now.

Another really solid game from Georgie too. He keeps playing like this, and they can win it all again.

Rest up everyone, gonna be another tough road down the stretch.
On a side note Toews has been great since I called him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00