• B. B. King

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Yes. It's damn near impossible to follow the game properly on the radio. McGahey barely says anything when the other team is attacking so you have no idea what's happening or where the puck is like 30% of the time. So f***ing frustrating.
Good to know. I almost never listen to the Avs on radio. It's not looking like it will increase. The guy doing the Eagles is pretty good however.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
You’re just nitpicking. The guy is 4th in the league in scoring and the Avs are winning games. I don’t disagree that Mikko makes lazy plays sometimes but it’s not as bad as you make it sound
Mikko is easily one of the most frustrating players in the league. So lazy with tons of terrible plays but will find a way a few times a game to make an absolutely absurd play that gets him a goal or top tier assist.

I've honestly never seen a player look so incredibly bad 70% of the time just to look like an elite player 30% of the time.

At the end of the day he's 4th in the league in the scoring just wish his play was slightly more consistent.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Said it before; MacFarland is frustrating but something to be thankful for is that Wood-Colton-O’Connor line.

Individually and on paper, maybe they’re not so impressive. But together, they’ve been lethal. Very likable part of this team.

Think about it. That line generated a lot of chances and scores to allow the Avs to amass a lead. That line afforded Bednar the luxury to save minutes on key guys in the last 7 minutes of the game.

One more thing. That line plays to the Avs identity of speed and energy. That line is a big difference between the Avs of 2024 and 2023.

Yes, there’s a concern that the offense might dry up. But maybe not if they keep creating chaos?
I think that they will continue to play well. They all just hound the puck and play hard nose hockey. The scoring might might continue at it's current pace but the line itself is excellent and will continue to do good things for us.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I f***in love this team at the moment.... Mac is a one-man-bulldozer out there... And O´Connor sets his ass up for a nice payday soon.....

Also like the addition of Parise.

And for the records: I voted Clark Gable

giphy2.gif

One of the greatest movie quotes of all time.... Badass.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Word on Doughty: Calling out some teammates only to show up like that last night isnt a good look... Just watch him at goal No. 2...Pathetic....

Reactions: BrickNHL

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Nat King Cole and Albert King notably missing.

Coulda won this one with Fourgiev in net even

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
On a side note Toews has been great since I called him out.
MacKinnon has 36 points in 17 games since I wrote this back on December 19th :

MacKinnon sometimes... man it seems like he's bored out there. He'll get into a certain position where the easy and correct play to make is just shoot the puck but he's like "nah... too easy. I'm gonna circle it back to the point and maybe we can score some sort of highlight reel goal or something"?!?!?!. If he would take the play when it's there and make the right scoring play when it's there, he'd lead the league in scoring and be right there for the Art Ross every single year. I don't get why he does that.

Translation - Nathan reads HFboards.

Glad I could help.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That's me
Blake thinking he could actually succeed with a tandem of 36-year-old Cam Talbot coming off an absolutely disastrous injury-riddled campaign in Ottawa and career minor leaguer Feenicks Copley is the epitome of foolishness. Far, far worse than Fitzgerald’s decision making in NJ (and I personally think Fitz should be fired if he doesn’t land a goalie soon).

Talbot hasn’t been a viable starter since his days in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad