Over the rainbow
2 Mac points!

2 Mak points!

2 Avs points!

6ddd81e7-e615-4945-8a38-e96a744d3cdd_text.gif

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
If Casey Mittelstadt gets to play with Mikko Rantanen next season he is going to hit 80 points.
Who is to say he doesn't either way?

A lot of teams have good records. I say it because the post trade deadline Avs don’t resemble the team I saw prior to the trade deadline. There’s been a shift
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Lightning the 5th seed on their second cup win?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I see HFAvs as a reflection of the Avs team. Before the deadline RyJo (HFAvs posters) were f***ing intolerable. But I (Rants) still turned up every day, but wanted to be here less.

Then the negativity disappeared (RyJo left, HfAvs posters stopped crying) and now it's a pleasure to be here again and I'm willing to put the work in.

So glad all the catastrophizing and blowing every little thing out of proportion has finally stopped for now. This place legitimately f***ing sucked when it was just a big bath of tears every day.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I see HFAvs as a reflection of the Avs team. Before the deadline RyJo (HFAvs posters) were f***ing intolerable. But I (Rants) still turned up every day, but wanted to be here less.

Then the negativity disappeared (RyJo left, HfAvs posters stopped crying) and now it's a pleasure to be here again and I'm willing to put the work in.

So glad all the catastrophizing and blowing every little thing out of proportion has finally stopped for now. This place legitimately f***ing sucked when it was just a big bath of tears every day.
The 8 game win streak helps a bit too.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

Man you should have been here when we legitimately sucked ass for years. This place will make you jump out of a window sometimes. Thank God we drafted Mackinnon.

….and traded Ryjo

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Someday when my grandkids ask me what it was like to watch a 1-2-3 centre punch of MacKinnon, Mittelstadt, and Colton:

View attachment 840291
I think my reaction to trading Byram for Mitts as the right move after years of watching the likes of Mironov, Guenin and Redmond for our D-men would be more telling how far this organization and team has come.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I’d love to see them run this for a while:

Drouin - MacK - Lehkonen
Nichushkin - Mitts - Moose

It just makes this top-6 so difficult to defend. Like, what second pair wants to face that second line, or god forbid they match the second pair against MacKinnon.

I think it’s just easier for Bednar to load up the top line, because that way it’s very easy for him to make sure his three best forwards all play a shit ton. The lineup they experimented with in the second half of the game is so tough to stop though.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Feels like Nuke took like 1 or 2M discount to say with Avs.
If he plays, he is underpaid for sure.

I’d love to see them run this for a while:

Drouin - MacK - Lehkonen
Nichushkin - Mitts - Moose

It just makes this top-6 so difficult to defend. Like, what second pair wants to face that second line, or god forbid they match the second pair against MacKinnon.

I think it’s just easier for Bednar to load up the top line, because that way it’s very easy for him to make sure his three best forwards all play a shit ton. The lineup they experimented with in the second half of the game is so tough to stop though.
Love it. Both lines have that endless motor, Lehkonen and Nuke. Both lines have creativity in terms of passing, Drouin and Mitts. Both lines have scorers, Nuke and Moose, MacK and Lehkonen. Both lines have responsible players defensively, Lehkonen, Nuke and Mitts.

It's so well balanced overall.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Love that Manson hit and his willingness to respond immediately. Not much of a fight but that’s as it should be. Buddy had to react to his guy getting blown up and Manson had to respond for doing it in a blowout. Both guys knew it was a good clean hit and didn’t feel the need to kill each other.

Loved Mack’s reaction to it as well. He was stoked lol.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Pretty sure that were the lines after the first period. At least for most of the game.

And because it worked pretty well i can see Bednar doing it again, against a "slightly" better team on Sunday.

Yeah, they ran it for like half the game last night. Mikko mentioned after the game that it’s important to have different line combos ready for the playoffs, because it could change depending on matchup.

• Love
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille