Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Extreme Moose Tracks

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Bear Claw

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Dallas is next. Let's see what happens on Saturday ...
Statement-Game. Show them who´s the boss in the Central/West.

giphy (5).gif

• Love
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
More concerned about a potential injury to Manson than I am with the loss. AHL goalie in net, still fought and kept it close against a very good team. If Manson is going to miss time they should look to add another depth defenseman before the deadline; a move I'd advocate even if he's healthy. The way this season has gone stocking up on depth seems even more critical than usual.

Reactions: shadow1

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I blame him, girard and Nuke for the 6th goal. Nuke first by getting to fancy and not shooting the puck on net, then Justus for not stopping that puck through his crease then Girard for covering air.
It was a pretty bad game overall for Nuke despite the production. You could tell last night for sure he’s not 100%. Nate left a loose puck in the defensive zone thinking he could get to it easily and a Devils player coming in from outside the blue line beat him to it pretty handily.

To his credit it sounds like Nuke acknowledged he f***ed up immediately after the goal.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Annunen just doesn't have that battler mind set or aggression. He is way too mello. You can be mello but you gotta turn it on when people are at the net. You have to try to stop pucks and not hope it hits you.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Throw away game really. Sloppy af on from both teams defensively till the third and neither goalie wanted to make a stop. I agree with a few posters that the devils shutting the Avs down in the third was pretty impressive. Reminded me a bit of the Avs ability to take a game last year and just turn it into a defensive neutral zone battle whenever they wanted.

Dallas is a way more important game and one the Avs needs to win .

Reactions: AvsMakar08

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Throw away game really. Sloppy af on from both teams defensively till the third and neither goalie wanted to make a stop. I agree with a few posters that the devils shutting the Avs down in the third was pretty impressive. Reminded me a bit of the Avs ability to take a game last year and just turn it into a defensive neutral zone battle whenever they wanted.

Dallas is a way more important game and one the Avs needs to win .
Seriously. It is sooooo obvious that they are conserving energy (mental and physical) in games that aren't important. It's not fun for the fans, but it's a lose battle, win war thing. You can't go all out all the time, especially after the late and long cup run. Tampa does the same thing. They aren't robots. If they look like that against Dallas -- well, they won't.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Seriously. It is sooooo obvious that they are conserving energy (mental and physical) in games that aren't important. It's not fun for the fans, but it's a lose battle, win war thing. You can't go all out all the time, especially after the late and long cup run. Tampa does the same thing. They aren't robots. If they look like that against Dallas -- well, they won't.

They didn’t decide not to care. The Devils went into their shell and put the defensive clamps down, and from there it was easy.

It was a pretty pathetic display of offensive generation for the last 10-15 minutes by the Avs. Which is in keeping with their overall 5v5 offence all year.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
They didn’t decide not to care. The Devils went into their shell and put the defensive clamps down, and from there it was easy.

It was a pretty pathetic display of offensive generation for the last 10-15 minutes by the Avs. Which is in keeping with their overall 5v5 offence all year.
HAsn't their 5v5 offense the past 10+ games been near the top of the league? The devils did an awesome job shutting down the third period and the avs weren't exactly putting their try-hard pants on for this one.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why are we shitting on Annunen again? Gimme a break, the kid is still in development. Give him a few more years before you judge him, will ya?

BTW, Vaneceks SV% was even worse than Annunens. And he is on an NHL contract making NHL money.

Because he's failing to outplay an objectively bad goalie in Jonas Johansson at the AHL level. That alone should be cause for concern. I agree we probably shouldn't bronx cheer the kid, but them's the breaks. Apart from one better-than-expected season in Finland following his draft selection, his development has stalled pretty badly. He hasn't proven he's anything more than a big body (which is basically all JoJo is). He can't track pucks well, and he's not nearly athletic enough to make the big saves going from side to side.

IDGAF about Vitek Vanecek. Despite his poor showing last night, he's at least a legit NHL goalie (maybe not a starter but he's NHL-level). If not for the desire to keep Georgiev rested, Bednar would've pulled Justus a lot sooner.

He's just not a legit goalie prospect. That's not his fault, that's the fault of the Avs organization totally half-assing the drafting and development of goalies.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado

First period.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
HAsn't their 5v5 offense the past 10+ games been near the top of the league? The devils did an awesome job shutting down the third period and the avs weren't exactly putting their try-hard pants on for this one.

They’re 24th in xGF%, 23rd in CF%, and 27th in HDCF% over that period of time. No matter how you slice up the year, they’ve been dog shit offensively 5v5. The only teams around them are those that are actively tanking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad