Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Extreme Moose Tracks

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Bear Claw

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

tornadowarning33

Feb 15, 2018
They’re 24th in xGF%, 23rd in CF%, and 27th in HDCF% over that period of time. No matter how you slice up the year, they’ve been dog shit offensively 5v5. The only teams around them are those that are actively tanking.
Yeah, many of those games featured some lolzy goaltending by their opponents.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I don’t really have much issue with annunen starting. Hopefully he uses this to make him better. He was pretty solid the other night. With the amount of games this week, losing kinkaid when franky comes back is just bad asset management, plus I think annunen earned the start. Isn’t that what most of us complain about never playing prospects?
You won't find such a complaint having been made from me........

Prospects are for pre-season and call ups.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
They’re 24th in xGF%, 23rd in CF%, and 27th in HDCF% over that period of time. No matter how you slice up the year, they’ve been dog shit offensively 5v5. The only teams around them are those that are actively tanking.
Something doesn't add up here considering their record in the past 10 games...

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Something doesn't add up here considering their record in the past 10 games...

Not really. Teams outshoot their expected goals/play above their metrics all the time, especially in small sample sizes (like 10 games). Some teams can even do it for a whole season (see Stl last year). But teams that typically win the cup have high end shot generation/possession metrics.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
When you have the amount of key injuries this team has sustained this year… you throw out the underlying numbers.

The team has been gutty as hell in my opinion and they haven’t peaked yet.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
When you have the amount of key injuries this team has sustained this year… you throw out the underlying numbers.

The team has been gutty as hell in my opinion and they haven’t peaked yet.

Just more garbage excuses. Vegas and the Leafs are top 5-10 in those categories and they've been beset with as many (or close to as many) injuries as the Avs through the year.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Just more garbage excuses. Vegas and the Leafs are top 5-10 in those categories and they've been beset with as many (or close to as many) injuries as the Avs through the year.

Bullshit. How has Toronto been even close to what Colorado’s been through?

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Bullshit. How has Toronto been even close to what Colorado’s been through?

1677812267319.png

Just because you like to ignore objective data and make things up, doesn't mean it isn't true . The maker of this chart was also kind enough to respond in a previous thread and answer a bunch of our questions, if you want to read about how he gets some of his data/metrics (shoutout to MGL).

Last edited:

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Not really. Teams outshoot their expected goals/play above their metrics all the time, especially in small sample sizes (like 10 games). Some teams can even do it for a whole season (see Stl last year). But teams that typically win the cup have high end shot generation/possession metrics.
What site are you pulling last 10 game data from?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
View attachment 661728

Just because you like to ignore objective data and make things up, doesn't mean it isn't true . The maker of this chart was also kind enough to respond in a previous thread and answer a bunch of our questions, if you want to read about how he gets some of his data/metrics (shoutout to MGL).

I don’t know what metrics he’s using for this, but it’s not logical.

Look at the key players who have missed time:

Mathews: 6 games
Rielly: 15 games
Brodie: 21 games
Goaltenders: 12 games

Colorado:

MacKinnon: 11 games
Makar: 13 games
Landeskog: 59 games
Nichushkin: 30 games
Byram: 38 games

Reactions: Avs91

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I don’t know what metrics he’s using for this, but it’s not logical.

Look at the key players who have missed time:

Mathews: 6 games
Rielly: 15 games
Brodie: 21 games
Goaltenders: 12 games

Colorado:

MacKinnon: 11 games
Makar: 13 games
Landeskog: 59 games
Nichushkin: 30 games
Byram: 38 games

Well, if you feel he's making up this data, feel free to ping him and he'll gladly talk to you about he faked all of it.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Well, if you feel he's making up this data, feel free to ping him and he'll gladly talk to you about he faked all of it.

I just think it’s irrelevant.

Look at the players I listed and who is missing more higher caliber players for longer periods of time.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I just think it’s irrelevant.

Look at the players I listed and who is missing more higher caliber players for longer periods of time?

It's not irrelevant. You're questioning someone who put's time into this, without doing your own calculations, and assuming that they're wrong. Why don't you do a little excel work and post what you think the real numbers should look like.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It's not irrelevant. You're questioning someone who put's time into this, without doing your own calculations, and assuming that they're wrong. Why don't you do a little excel work and post what you think the real numbers should look like.

I don’t need excel. It’s really not necessary.

I’m looking at impact players and Colorado has missed way more of them than Toronto. It’s pretty simple.

Reactions: Avs91

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Well, obviously you're smarter than the guy who does this for a living. Can't argue with that.

I’m not saying I’m smarter than anyone.

But, looking at what player have missed games for a team is just easy information to decipher. It’s just common sense to see which team has been impacted more heavily.

Something like how a players expected goals percentage is calculated is more complicated.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I’m not saying I’m smarter than anyone.

But, looking at what player have missed games for a team is just easy information to decipher. It’s just common sense to see which team has been impacted more heavily.

Something like how a players expected goals percentage is calculated is more complicated.

Honestly, he (sometimes) randomly pops up when we post one of his charts/tweets. You can let him know how wrong he is when he responds.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Last night felt like a boxing match where we got punched up quickly and it looked like a KO in the 3rd round. We got back up and punched back but it was too late because the Devils can skate and defend. BUT look how we actually came back and made it a nailbiter until a few minutes left -- that was pretty indicative of what this team really is. Toss in the green goaltender and I can't be mad at anything other than the first period where we weren't ready and got stunned.

Reactions: TomppaKoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad