Post-Game Talk: Avs vs CBJ Lose 2-1: The "We Got 'Sacco'd'" Edition

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hope O'Reilly takes the puck, skates into his own zone, and scores on Varlamov. Then, in the ensuing madness, he pulls out some stacks of bills and just starts peeling them off, like "who the F cares?!" and tosses money all over the ice. In a show of goodwill, he also tosses a stack to Matt Duchene, and says "get a real agent, you moron!"

Then O'Reilly disappears into the tunnel, before re-emerging seconds later holding Greg Sherman by the collar. He drags Sherman's pathetic, squirming body to center ice and rubs his face in the stacks of discarded money. O'Reilly pulls out a microphone.

"BAD GENERAL MANAGER," O'Reilly yells into the arena PA system. "BAD GENERAL MANAGER."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I hope O'Reilly takes the puck, skates into his own zone, and scores on Varlamov. Then, in the ensuing madness, he pulls out some stacks of bills and just starts peeling them off, like "who the F cares?!" and tosses money all over the ice. In a show of goodwill, he also tosses a stack to Matt Duchene, and says "get a real agent, you moron!"

Then O'Reilly disappears into the tunnel, before re-emerging seconds later holding Greg Sherman by the collar. He drags Sherman's pathetic, squirming body to center ice and rubs his face in the stacks of discarded money. O'Reilly pulls out a microphone.

"BAD GENERAL MANAGER," O'Reilly yells into the arena PA system. "BAD GENERAL MANAGER."

Arguably the best post I've ever seen on this site.... And I've had a lot of good ones.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Has anyone been called up to replace Giguere tomorrow? Haven't seen anything on the Avs or Dater's twitter feeds.

O'Money probably keeps a backup Goalie in his new Posse.
" I got this. We ain't got no need for some scrub from LEM!"

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
New avatar commemorating today.
Ryan 'Moneybeard' O'Ruble.

Excited to have another legitimate faceoff guy.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
n501449259_677405_2022.jpg

1607ytt.jpg

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Why is Alyonka Larionov always flirting with Landeskog? Just saw his twitter. Her dad was a Red Wing....does she not know it's forbidden?

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
Odds on O'reilly fighting to prove he will stand up for the team?

With the Bj's though I'm not sure it's going to happen.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Usually when I expect the Avs to get something out of a game they suck. Hopefully it won't be the case today.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Any info on Col's lines and starting goalie? Thx

Going by last practice

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-Jones
Mitchell-ROR-Hejduk
McLeod-Olver-Bordy (guess on this one)

Hejda-Barrie
Hunwick-ROB
Zanon-SOB

Varly

Now with Sacco as the coach I fully expect this to all change through out the game if we don't score in the first 5 minutes.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Why is Alyonka Larionov always flirting with Landeskog? Just saw his twitter. Her dad was a Red Wing....does she not know it's forbidden?

You mean why is she flirting with the most photogenic human being alive?

I can only wonder.

Though since there's a trace of Red Wings in her I daresay Lacroix will put a stop to it somehow.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Going by last practice

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-Stastny-Jones
Mitchell-ROR-Hejduk
McLeod-Olver-Bordy (guess on this one)

Hejda-Barrie
Hunwick-ROB
Zanon-SOB

Varly

Now with Sacco as the coach I fully expect this to all change through out the game if we don't score in the first 5 minutes.

Thanks good luck, with the early start and ROR's return the hockey world will be watching hope you have a good game.

Maybe it's not my place to say, but IMO if the team plays well and ROR looks like he's been fully re-accepted, this would reflect badly on G. Sherman, like the players are happy ROR got the better of him. On the other hand, if the team struggles and ROR looks like a pariah it would also reflect badly on G. Sherman, like he should have made a trade or taken the Flames' picks. Anyway hope it's the former not the latter.

Ellipson

Aug 29, 2008
Fun stats time: Colorado is 15-5-1 and one tie (2004) against Columbus all time at Nationwide Arena. I've been to the vast majority of the games at Nationwide: my record's 14-2-1 and a tie. Wearing my Colorado 3rd Sakic jersey to season ticket holder meetings here was one of the highlights of my hockey fandom. Go Avs, destroy the Jackets, bring back Boomer.

EDIT: Even Boomer is excited for the return of O'Reilly:

images

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Alyonka Larionov sense his power and she seeks the life essence. He does not avoid Alyonka Larionov, but he does deny her his essence.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
You mean why is she flirting with the most photogenic human being alive?

I can only wonder.

Though since there's a trace of Red Wings in her I daresay Lacroix will put a stop to it somehow.

If you take that title away from Hunny, he'll truly have ZERO trade value. :cry:

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Fun stats time: Colorado is 15-5-1 and one tie (2004) against Columbus all time at Nationwide Arena. I've been to the vast majority of the games at Nationwide: my record's 14-2-1 and a tie. Wearing my Colorado 3rd Sakic jersey to season ticket holder meetings here was one of the highlights of my hockey fandom. Go Avs, destroy the Jackets, bring back Boomer.

EDIT: Even Boomer is excited for the return of O'Reilly:

images

holy crap, someone has a worse mascot than we do

also, Pickard with the emergency callup since Giggy's at mom's funeral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad