Post-Game Talk: Avs vs CBJ Lose 2-1: The "We Got 'Sacco'd'" Edition

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Has anyone been called up to replace Giguere tomorrow? Haven't seen anything on the Avs or Dater's twitter feeds.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Gotta get above .500

ROR is back and has to win the fans back

We "should" beat the jackets

Looking forward to this game! And it starts 10PM Finnish time, I don't have to stay up all night :D

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Has anyone been called up to replace Giguere tomorrow? Haven't seen anything on the Avs or Dater's twitter feeds.

Not yet. I guess they wanted to travel to Columbus before recalling one of the guys from Cleveland for logistical reasons.

craig130106

Jan 10, 2013
Looking forward to this, good face off time for us Europeans and very intrigued how O'Reilly fits. 2pts from this and we could have our tails up and win a few in a row.

I'll go 3-1 with O'Reilly getting a point somewhere.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
O'Reilly will pray to a shrine of his hero before the game

n501449259_677405_2022.jpg

He will have roughly the same impact on the game his hero would

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Avs vs CBJ 3/2/13: You Keep All You're Money In a Big Brown Bag, Inside a Zoo!

Baby You're a Rich Man!

Merged w/ Pre-Game Talk

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I had to youtube it.

I wanted to hear the whole song, but I didn't want to stare at our beautiful thread for 3 minutes...

Gonna listen to the full album next.

Good choice!

Never a "bad" choice when it comes to them (imo only)

Even though I'm not sharing the sentiments of those who are angry at Ryan, I felt it appropriate :D

Anywho, I think Ryan comes out tonight firing on all cylinders, but he's playing w/ Hejduk and Mitchell, so I think he ends up on the receiving end of the "Stastny Point"...meaning that he WOULD have gotten some points if his linemates could finish.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Never a "bad" choice when it comes to them (imo only)

Even though I'm not sharing the sentiments of those who are angry at Ryan, I felt it appropriate :D

Anywho, I think Ryan comes out tonight firing on all cylinders, but he's playing w/ Hejduk and Mitchell, so I think he ends up on the receiving end of the "Stastny Point"...meaning that he WOULD have gotten some points if his linemates could finish.

I'd be able to forgive and forget a lot easier if he were humble about it instead of having a "rub your nose in it" attitude.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
I hope O'Reilly takes the puck, skates into his own zone, and scores on Varlamov. Then, in the ensuing madness, he pulls out some stacks of bills and just starts peeling them off, like "who the F cares?!" and tosses money all over the ice. In a show of goodwill, he also tosses a stack to Matt Duchene, and says "get a real agent, you moron!"

Then O'Reilly disappears into the tunnel, before re-emerging seconds later holding Greg Sherman by the collar. He drags Sherman's pathetic, squirming body to center ice and rubs his face in the stacks of discarded money. O'Reilly pulls out a microphone.

"BAD GENERAL MANAGER," O'Reilly yells into the arena PA system. "BAD GENERAL MANAGER."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad