Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
All in with half of my money :sarcasm: on the freaking Avs!

Put up or Shut up time. The start was amazing and great but now it is time to show that they are for real against the good western teams (STL, SJ, CHI, LA).

Show those doubters that this start was more than good goaltending and simply luck (e.g. Downgoesbrown http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9973203/the-colorado-avalanche-edmonton-oilers-rebuilds/)

Regarding that story (which is, as always, a great read even if you disagree) the Avs' Fenwick # is much better than I thought it'd be. It's certainly better than it was at the beginning of the season. IMO they are getting much more organized in the defensive zone and aren't getting horribly outshot every game.

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
I'm still relatively new to hf and i was hoping someone could explain how I can lose me Rookie User status.
Thanks

Edit: NVM I just realized I'm no longer a rookie haha

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Regarding that story (which is, as always, a great read even if you disagree) the Avs' Fenwick # is much better than I thought it'd be. It's certainly better than it was at the beginning of the season. IMO they are getting much more organized in the defensive zone and aren't getting horribly outshot every game.

Oh I like the article. The only thing I really disagree with is him not mentioning EJ at all as a reason for our strong play. He singles out Guenin as the positive surprise. (which he is but EJ is way more important).

I am just hoping that this team proves McIndoe, hfboards general and to some extent myself wrong and continues their strong play against those western powerhouses.

Brio

Oct 17, 2013
Any bets on what Filthy Note will do if the Avs cream St. Louis tonight? Flee to a monastery never to be heard from again? Or keep on hating?

As everyone says this is a big game, as we are finally seeing an Avs game against the big boys in the West, and also good to see how the Avs bounce back after a loss.

Thank god we have a real GTD thread tonight at least. Thanks, Hans Landaskog.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Go Avs! Nervous about this one. It is the biggest game of the year so far.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I bet all of my money on filthynote saying something about the avs sucking within the next 48 hours regardless of result

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Was a good read. And yeah our Corsi/Fenwick is about middle of the pack, nothing like Toronto's which defies logic.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I'm gonna be at the Matthew Good concert, so I'll only catch the 1st period. Sucks to be missing out on what should be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia