GDT: Avs vs. Blues: Dater Jinx Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Quick recap? Can't get that audio to play for some reason.

Going from memory something like "what did you think about that Bordy penalty, didn't make sense huh?" and then Roy said what he didn't understand is how St Louis didn't get one for doing the same thing but Roy said the refs did a good job blah blah. Then Dater asks him about Stewart and Roy flat out says he's not going to talk about players.

floydmurphy

Feb 4, 2009
Hey guys, Blues fan here just dropping by to congratulate your team on not only the amount of talent you have put together, but for an amazing start to the regular season as well. MacKinnon is definitely one of the best players I have watched this year when he is on his game. He is one of the players I am going to watch for a long time and cheer for. As for Duchene, Landeskog, Johnson, O'Reily, Statsny, those players are nearly irreplaceable, and I would die to have any of them on my team (Don't give up on Johnson, when he is confident, he is a stud). I really hope your D-core can go back to smothering those games like they were a few weeks ago, because you guys have a lot of potential to go a long way this season and I can't wait to play you again. Being a Blues fan, we had a rough game like this against SJ earlier this year, and we bounced back pretty well. I know the Avalanche will do the same. It's going to be a fun year!

member 116861

Hey guys, Blues fan here just dropping by to congratulate your team on not only the amount of talent you have put together, but for an amazing start to the regular season as well. MacKinnon is definitely one of the best players I have watched this year when he is on his game. He is one of the players I am going to watch for a long time and cheer for. As for Duchene, Landeskog, Johnson, O'Reily, Statsny, those players are nearly irreplaceable, and I would die to have any of them on my team (Don't give up on Johnson, when he is confident, he is a stud). I really hope your D-core can go back to smothering those games like they were a few weeks ago, because you guys have a lot of potential to go a long way this season and I can't wait to play you again. Being a Blues fan, we had a rough game like this against SJ earlier this year, and we bounced back pretty well. I know the Avalanche will do the same. It's going to be a fun year!

Thanks but I don't think anybody has given up on EJ and there really is no reason to give up on him.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Honeymoon officially over. :( I saw first period and half of second, I think we looked okay till then. I have no idea what happened, but defense is certainly starting to break down. Time to make a trade for proper defensemen.

RingsOfS4turn

Mar 5, 2013
I felt like tonight they tried to go toe to toe with the blues in the physicality department.

Its harder to win games when your trying to play up to another team's strength.

I'm pretty sure they learn from it and move on.

Now I don't want to criticize the Downie-Talbot trade because I like what it brings to this team. However I feel like Duchene is more effective when 1 of his wingers brings a "sandpaper" type of game that opens up the ice for him. That is exactly what Downie brought to that line.

SquishtheBoudreau

Nov 7, 2013
Tannhäuser Gate
I just scanned this thread because I was playing my own game, but I see this there is a lot of Talbot hate. I actually hated this traded from the start. I don't care if Talbot filled a role on our team. You're telling me three months from now we could not get more from shipping off Downie? There would have been cup contenders lining up for this guy (in my mind) and all we got right now in exchange was a third line guy that can (allegedly) kill penalties. No value at all in this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->