GDT: Avs vs. Blues: Dater Jinx Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
God I hate seeing Holden-Guenin out there together.

Free Barrie.

Also, please trade for another dman.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
It's weird, Jiggy looks pretty lost out there at times but still manages to stop the puck. He might just be pretty lucky.

How could he not look lost out there when our dmen let the opposing forwards skate right through the crease all the time, especially Holden-Guenin did it on every shift.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Summary of the period :

I love Duchene.
I love MacK.
I hate Talbot.
Happy it's 1-1.

Very stupid offensive zone penalty that cost us but that's a bit harsh. He did a fine job on the PK at the end of the period.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
He's had one off game. Other than that he's been very solid.

Yeah I don't know where this "Varly has been playing bad" stuff is coming from. He's been exactly as good as we have needed him to be. Just because we didn't go on another 6 game win streak doesn't mean Varly is back to sucking.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sobotka is REALLY good at falling down, either being crosschecked or dive.

That Holden-Guenin pair are absolutely eff amazing........................................................................................................for the AHL.

MacKinnon is a freakin beast and McGinn hasn't looked the same since his injury.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
you know what , that wasnt a bad period . After that early goal by St-Louis we were a little scare that we would be up for a long night . It's 1-1 after 20 minutes , so i'm happy .

I thought it was a solid period, too. Lost a bit of our focus at the end of it but I'm still fine with that period to start a difficult road game.

Way to go. LET'S GO :avs

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Tanguay coming back would really help us. But anyways, pretty good first period except for that joke of a penalty and then the Blues goal

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Yeah I don't know where this "Varly has been playing bad" stuff is coming from. He's been exactly as good as we have needed him to be. Just because we didn't go on another 6 game win streak doesn't mean Varly is back to sucking.

Agreed. Had one bad game against Nashville but other than that he was great.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Reading the blues GDT, might be the most non-crazy homer GDT I've read in awhile. Pretty honest over there.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That Holden-Guenin pair are absolutely eff amazing........................................................................................................for the AHL.

Granted I was distracted this period, but when I saw them play they looked fine. Specifically Holden, I really like him so far. He plays a great bottom pairing game. Goes to the right areas, aggressive, physical, etc.

But bottom pairing defenders are bottom pairing defenders for a reason, they can't play consistently over long stretches of time. Guenin, Holden, Sarich... all bottom pairing guys. Benoit I'm not sure of yet, his breakout pass is solid and his positioning isn't bad. But he isn't particularly good offensively or defensively, so he might fit into a weird 2nd pairing niche where he's not good enough to be a #2/3 and not bad enough to be bottom pairing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Missed the blues first goal but JS seems shaky. I did see a quick replay of it, the goal looked like it leaked through him but other than that he seems to have varly's happy feet lost track of the puck a couple of times and swimming around.

Aside from that it's been a great game to see, both teams had a number chances and sustain pressure. As expected a lot of end to end action. Not much neutral zone play. Hopefully, that continues.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Reading the blues GDT, might be the most non-crazy homer GDT I've read in awhile. Pretty honest over there.

The blues commentators haven't been homers either. They've been talking about the blues the whole time obviously since that's who they report on but they don't make them out to be better than what they are.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Of this D corps I'd like to see only Benoit come back (other than EJ and Hejda). Guenin, Holden, Sarich have all been average at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad