Series Talk: Avs Stanley Cup Celebration Pictures and Videos Thread

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
EJ at around a million you do every day of the week. Much more than that and you pass.

He is a good 6th D man. And maybe even worth more than a mill to some teams, but the Avs will need the cap space elsewhere and if he wants to play for Colorado next year it is his turn to do the team a solid.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
For Christmas we bought jerseys for my wife and I and our kids. Went with a knockoff Chinese site because of the cost...

I have my share of authentic and knockoffs and I was pretty happy with the quality of them all except my Nuke jersey has a lighter blue on the sleeves than it should. It wasn't a big deal to me since I only wear them a few times a year.

This morning I get an email from Privacy.com saying someone in China tried to use my card to the tune of $460. Good thing I used a one time burner card number 🫠

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
For Christmas we bought jerseys for my wife and I and our kids. Went with a knockoff Chinese site because of the cost...

I have my share of authentic and knockoffs and I was pretty happy with the quality of them all except my Nuke jersey has a lighter blue on the sleeves than it should. It wasn't a big deal to me since I only wear them a few times a year.

This morning I get an email from Privacy.com saying someone in China tried to use my card to the tune of $460. Good thing I used a one time burner card number 🫠
Privacy.com was a game changer for me. I love it

Reactions: The Moops

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
EJ at around a million you do every day of the week. Much more than that and you pass.

He is a good 6th D man. And maybe even worth more than a mill to some teams, but the Avs will need the cap space elsewhere and if he wants to play for Colorado next year it is his turn to do the team a solid.

No, I don't think you do that. His skating is abysmal and he's not strong enough to win many puck battles anymore. It's getting about as bad as it got with Jarome Iginla that final, horrible season in 2017.

His ability to skate with the puck is okay but it's not enough to offset the other weaknesses of his game. There are better #6 options that actually come cheaper than $1 million.

EJ just needs to hang them up after this year. Enough is enough. He's done enough, he's accomplished everything an NHL player could possibly want. And there is no doubt there will be a position within the organization waiting for him once he finally does retire, not to mention his #6 hanging in the rafters in the next couple years.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No, I don't think you do that. His skating is abysmal and he's not strong enough to win many puck battles anymore. It's getting about as bad as it got with Jarome Iginla that final, horrible season in 2017.

His ability to skate with the puck is okay but it's not enough to offset the other weaknesses of his game. There are better #6 options that actually come cheaper than $1 million.

EJ just needs to hang them up after this year. Enough is enough. He's done enough, he's accomplished everything an NHL player could possibly want. And there is no doubt there will be a position within the organization waiting for him once he finally does retire, not to mention his #6 hanging in the rafters in the next couple years.

Him and Landy really did stick with this team through the dog years. EJ was my favorite non Av player. I always traded for him early in the games because he became a monster lol.

Him and a prime age Adam Foote that I created destroyed people.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I finally got around to watching the championship video the other night. It's a glorified highlights package only you barely actually see the hockey. Terrible.

McGahey is an absolutely terrible commentator too. THE KADRI MAN CAN. OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO HOME BUT YOU CAN'T STAY HERE BECAUSE THIS. PARTY. IS. OVER. Good god.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I finally got around to watching the championship video the other night. It's a glorified highlights package only you barely actually see the hockey. Terrible.

McGahey is an absolutely terrible commentator too. THE KADRI MAN CAN. OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO HOME BUT YOU CAN'T STAY HERE BECAUSE THIS. PARTY. IS. OVER. Good god.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS OF ALL AGES...THIS IS A TIED HOCKEY GAME.

the worst thing about that is there were a couple of games where he had to say that multiple times in the same game. Ugh.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS OF ALL AGES...THIS IS A TIED HOCKEY GAME.

the worst thing about that is there were a couple of games where he had to say that multiple times in the same game. Ugh.

A lot of people like the radio style. It wasn't random that Moser ended up doing it. There was plenty of buzz for years of people asking for it. Love it or hate it, the fan base got what they wanted.

I'm fine with less lol, but they don't bother me.

The video was shit though..

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

There was a fan made one that was much better lol

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Yeah, it's not good. I would also say the TB guy was/is pretty bad too. Any time they scored, just going full-throated over-the-top.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Yeah, it's not good. I would also say the TB guy was/is pretty bad too. Any time they scored, just going full-throated over-the-top.
Best part was in game 4 when he did the SAVE VASILEVSKIY then got all depressed when he realized the puck was in the net.

BTW we can finally get Sturm his ring and conclude this thing.

Reactions: Metallo

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
I saw a commercial promoting the NHL playoffs and it reminded me of those awesome “history will be made” commercials they had about 12 years ago where they show a clip of an iconic moment then rewind it with a saying of some sort that would have changed the course of history with music playing. Those were great because it invoked some emotion hyping you up for the playoffs.

Man it would be cool if someone made one of Cale lifting the Conn Smythe then rewind it with something like “what if Colorado had ‘won’ the draft lottery?”. They have one of Bourque lifting the cup, and I’d get chills if I saw a similar one of Cale.

It’s almost time to make history again.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019

I really hope they don’t retire his number. It’s great that he stuck with us and he absolutely deserves to be offered a position within the organization. I love his commitment and attitude to this franchise but he wasn’t a cornerstone of success nor he never strung together amazing years. He was a solid player with an amazing attitude but did not accomplish enough as a player to warrant a jersey retirement imo. I know people will say “but bourque”, but I didn’t agree with that either, and he was a legendary player.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I really hope they don’t retire his number. It’s great that he stuck with us and he absolutely deserves to be offered a position within the organization. I love his commitment and attitude to this franchise but he wasn’t a cornerstone of success nor he never strung together amazing years. He was a solid player with an amazing attitude but did not accomplish enough as a player to warrant a jersey retirement imo. I know people will say “but bourque”, but I didn’t agree with that either, and he was a legendary player.
How about a compromise, instead of retiring his jersey number we retire the name Erik Johnson?

I love EJ and if they did retire #6 I wouldn't hate it, but I think the next number into the rafters will be #92.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
For me, EJ ranks above Tanguay (who did not warrant his jersey being retired) but below Hejduk, who did. I can see him falling in either way. When on the fence, I usually error on the side of honoring the player. But I'm still not sure on EJ. Both he and Hejduk have one cup. But Hejduk also had a Rocket Richard and as of today, Hejduk played 306 more games as an Av. I think EJ is on the outside looking in.

That being said, if we did what some of y'all suggested and hung a jersey with #6 and Johnson's name on it to honor him but not retire the number, allowing for other #6's to have their names added in the future...I'm all for him being the first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad