Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Zach Parise, 1-year, $825k

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I was just watching a couple highlights from his NJ days…. Man what the hell happened when he went to Minnesota :laugh:

As well all know he was a pretty good player in Minny but he looked like a superstar in NJ. I remember being so excited when someone on twitter (pretty sure it was Eurolanche? Iirc) said we traded for his rights right before he became a free agent

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Boy I really wanted to like this signing, and really it was always a low-risk move but…nah this ain’t workin’. He’s continually losing battles/races for the puck, and the one thing that was once his bread and butter—getting to loose pucks in the slot and firing them home—is not happening at all. The only thing I’m really seeing are all his defensive flaws and little else.

He’s unfortunately reminding me of Iginla in 2017.

He should be the next guy to sit. Get Kiviranta back in there.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Jesus, so Parise is the next in line to get driven out of town???

Parise just got back from an injury. And for 825.000, 4th line duty and veteran presence in the locker a good signing imho, which could end up more important in the playoffs......

We are on a 7 game winning streak, have won 9 out of the last 10 games and playing great hockey, with a shot at winning the Central and West.

Maybe we should just enjoy life for once......

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Boy I really wanted to like this signing, and really it was always a low-risk move but…nah this ain’t workin’. He’s continually losing battles/races for the puck, and the one thing that was once his bread and butter—getting to loose pucks in the slot and firing them home—is not happening at all. The only thing I’m really seeing are all his defensive flaws and little else.

He was excellent before the injury.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Just think of how bad it will chafe the Pond Scum and their fans seeing him lift a Cup with the Avs while he's still a $7.3M cap hit.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

He's the one depth forward that could hop into the top 6 in a pinch (in case of a top 6 injury). I like his presence for that reason. Kiviranta is a black hole, offensively.

Well, I suppose Colton could play top 6 also, but then who plays 3C?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
He's the one depth forward that could hop into the top 6 in a pinch (in case of a top 6 injury). I like his presence for that reason. Kiviranta is a black hole, offensively.

Well, I suppose Colton could play top 6 also, but then who plays 3C?

Duhaime didn't look awful during his one game in the top-6 when we had 3 forwards out

Reactions: MarkT

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Parise (and the whole line) were horrible last night. He's had some good games and bad games. Really hard to say where he lands. There is usually a bump for players joining a new team and he did so during the grind with fresh legs. Now as he gets some miles for the year, is this his new level of play or is it just him recovering? It is hard to really know. The Avs have plenty of bottom 6 guys if there is some health, so even if he has to be pushed down or out it shouldn't be a big deal.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Parise (and the whole line) were horrible last night. He's had some good games and bad games. Really hard to say where he lands. There is usually a bump for players joining a new team and he did so during the grind with fresh legs. Now as he gets some miles for the year, is this his new level of play or is it just him recovering? It is hard to really know. The Avs have plenty of bottom 6 guys if there is some health, so even if he has to be pushed down or out it shouldn't be a big deal.
Before the his injury, I was actually wanting to see him on the second line for a game or two, of course we were missing both Lehky and Nuke at the time.

I think the answer is Zach is somewhere between his really solid play prior to the injury and the dog shit he's been leaving on the ice the last game or three. I do believe he's recovering and probably playing through whatever the heck it is because this is his last chance. When you consider the body of work he's put in over his career, I'd like to think there's going to be a big moment in the playoffs where he becomes the main character.

Reactions: MarkT

Heyduke

Oct 31, 2019
Just remember, Helm was mostly underwhelming during the 2022 regular season. (7 goals and 8 assists in 68 games.) Then he went on to score one of the biggest goals of our cup run.

Hopefully we will be healthy enough to shuffle guys like Parise in and out of the lineup in the playoffs. But he can absolutely fill that Helm role.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
It depends… the technical rule is 41 regular season games or one cup final game to be guaranteed. Goalies have dressed games count. Many teams have room for more players, so they petition for some guys to be added.
We petitioned for and got Ryan Murray on there so have to imagine we would petition for Parise if it came to it

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I’m not sure I’d go that far but yeah I had overlooked the injury. My bad. He was more effective then. All the more reason to give him a rest down the stretch and hope he heals up.

I was worried he might be trying to play through a partially torn MCL, like others have, knowing this was his last shot at a Cup, but it feels like they would have held him out longer if that were the case. Hopefully.

Either way it's probably still pretty sore. He must be the rubber man, because his knee bent all kinds of the wrong direction.

Probably lost some conditioning and game speed too. Hopefully he can get back to how he was looking pre injury, because that guy looked like the X factor I was hoping could score some big clutch goals in the playoffs.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I was worried he might be trying to play through a partially torn MCL, like others have, knowing this was his last shot at a Cup, but it feels like they would have held him out longer if that were the case. Hopefully.

Either way it's probably still pretty sore. He must be the rubber man, because his knee bent all kinds of the wrong direction.

Probably lost some conditioning and game speed too. Hopefully he can get back to how he was looking pre injury, because that guy looked like the X factor I was hoping could score some big clutch goals in the playoffs.

Parise is like Cogs, one shift they’re decapitated, then the next the heads right back on their shoulders.

They survive so much punishment.

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad