Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Zach Parise, 1-year, $825k

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yeah excited about him joining the team. This lives around the net. He will help a lot with Nuke out. Works hard. Forecheck hard. Goes to the net hard. And can score. Typical Bernar-type player.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I think he's going to help fill a little bit of that leadership void from Landy being out. A consummate pro similar to Cogs who's been in the league forever and brings it every night. Somebody people look up to.

I don't expect him to be a vocal leader, at least right away, since he's joining a new team mid way thru the season and probably doesn't want to step on any toes, but he's going to be leading by example.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
This is going to test me, because as people know, in my view, anything that is associated with, or touches/has touched the Minnesota Wild organization, is arse to me. I think I need to see him in an AVS jersey to wash away that green diarrhoea from the systems.

Unsure why we didn't keep Tomas Tatar, who has 10 points in 18 games (plus 12) for the Kraken?

BUT, like always happens, the minute I see Parise giving his all for the burgundy and blue, he's an AV, for life, and I'll love him.
Yeah, squid tartar is better than expected.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm already perfectly fine with Parise's speed. It's better than you'd expect. You can see why he ranks high in burst speed too.

He still plays like a gamer every game too. His whole career he's had a habit of coming out of the corner, or along the boards with the puck when you don't expect him to, and creating a good scoring chance with a good shot.

He's already demonstrated this multiple times in two games. This is going to be huge in the playoffs in games where they need an individual effort to help them come back, or be the difference in a close game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I hated Parise so much after that 2014 playoff series, so strange seeing him an Avs jersey. But he's been good so far. He can really move for his age.
I agree with this, but I still hate him (not as a person, but how much he destroyed us during our rivalry with Wild). However, he looks really fresh but that is due to not playing half of the season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I hated Parise so much after that 2014 playoff series, so strange seeing him an Avs jersey. But he's been good so far. He can really move for his age.
I tell you, I have always respected Parise, but I have also always absolutely hated him. He's been an Avs killer his whole career. It seems like he always scores on us.

But the minute we signed him, the switch flipped and I love the guy. Only other player to do that to me, was Darren Helm. Let's hope this ends the same way.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So far, I love the scrappiness and absolutely fearless play. Dude gets into the dirty areas and fights like hell. He's obviously missed a step but he's hardly the worst skater on the ice at any given moment. The ability to create offense on his own is mostly gone, but he's still an effective player.

Now...on the other hand, the numbers suggest he's really, really bad defensively, and frankly the eye test supports this. That's why I was really starting to hate pairing him with Johansen, because that only served to exacerbate his flaws, and I'm not surprised he scored his first goal in Burgundy when he was on the ice with different linemates.

It's concerning to me that the Avs are currently missing their two best two-way players (by far) and have a lot of players up front who simply aren't good in their own end of the ice. I'm not lamenting the signing at all--it's still a very low-risk, potentially high-reward signing--but it also does more to hurt the Avs than help in one very important area.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
So far, I love the scrappiness and absolutely fearless play. Dude gets into the dirty areas and fights like hell. He's obviously missed a step but he's hardly the worst skater on the ice at any given moment. The ability to create offense on his own is mostly gone, but he's still an effective player.

Now...on the other hand, the numbers suggest he's really, really bad defensively, and frankly the eye test supports this. That's why I was really starting to hate pairing him with Johansen, because that only served to exacerbate his flaws, and I'm not surprised he scored his first goal in Burgundy when he was on the ice with different linemates.

It's concerning to me that the Avs are currently missing their two best two-way players (by far) and have a lot of players up front who simply aren't good in their own end of the ice. I'm not lamenting the signing at all--it's still a very low-risk, potentially high-reward signing--but it also does more to hurt the Avs than help in one very important area.
Yeah it doesn’t help that Cogs has taken a significant step back in that area of the ice as well, because ideally you’d have both Parise and Cogs on the 4th line together. Now I’m not so sure that’s a great idea.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I don't think anything can be extrapolated defensively from Parise's game until he's no longer stapled to that sack of trash Johansen.

Connor McDavid wouldn't look good playing with this bum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad