Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Zach Parise, 1-year, $825k

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Every single player who gets stapled to RyJo looks awful. Every single one of them. Look what Lehks did the second he got put on a different line

Reactions: MaKarter

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
Zach Parise (2-1—3) potted two goals and Justus Annunen (24 saves) recorded the first shutout of his NHL career as the Avalanche (37-19-5, 79 points) moved into a tie for the second-most points in the Central Division with the Jets (37-16-5, 79 points), who hold three games in hand. Parise (39 years, 216 days) became the oldest player in franchise history with a multi-goal game, besting the previous mark held by Ray Bourque (39 years, 73 days on March 10, 2000).

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17776

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Sleepy Joes management strikers again

Upgrade over Tatar.

Zach Parise (2-1—3) potted two goals and Justus Annunen (24 saves) recorded the first shutout of his NHL career as the Avalanche (37-19-5, 79 points) moved into a tie for the second-most points in the Central Division with the Jets (37-16-5, 79 points), who hold three games in hand. Parise (39 years, 216 days) became the oldest player in franchise history with a multi-goal game, besting the previous mark held by Ray Bourque (39 years, 73 days on March 10, 2000).

Impressive record.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Only if he gets to raise a Cup.

We forget players like Jarome Iginla and Ryan Smyth, but remember guys like Jack Johnson, Darren Helm, and Andrew Cogliano.

All about what you win at the end of the day.

I go to lots of Avs @ Wild games, my dream is for the Avs to win the cup with Parise so I can get his Avs jersey and wear it to games there.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Dave Andreychuck
I actually met him briefly after he left Colorado but before he won the cup in Tampa. He was extremely nice if somewhat surprised to be recognized. I just told him I was a fan and wished him luck and then cut it short because his family walked up, and I didn't want to be one of "those" types of fans.

Talk about a guy who completely turned his game around going from the high flying and scoring winger to the grizzled defensively responsible graybeard that captained the Lightning to a cup from the 3rd and 4th lines.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
If Parise lifts the Cup in an Avs jersey, Wild fans will never, ever get over it. I want it to happen so bad.
Yeah and imagine if Parise scores just as a big goal in playoffs as Helm did for us. I have been watching a lot of live games lately and I will tell you one thing, no team is as fun to watch as Avs. They are just so fast on the ice out there then compared to other teams.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

1709359150620.png

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
A bit of an X factor with Parise is that he could easily be the guy on the top line with Nate & Mikko. That gives us 5 wingers we know we can put there in a pinch. I even wouldn't mind seeing a Drouin - Nate - Parise line tried to spread the love and get Mikko kickstarted with a new 2C

Drouin - Mack - Parise
Nichuskin - 2C - Rantanen
Landeskog - Colton - Lehkonen
Wood - Whoever - LOC

That's a tough team to defend.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lehky - Mack - Parise

I saw that line a couple of times in the highlights of the game tonight. Was that a line or did they just happen to create chances twice in the middle of a line change?

Either way, if it wasn't a line it might be worth trying. We know what Mack can do with those hard working guys with even just a little bit of skill and quite frankly Parise still has a lot of skill.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Lehky - Mack - Parise

I saw that line a couple of times in the highlights of the game tonight. Was that a line or did they just happen to create chances twice in the middle of a line change?

Either way, if it wasn't a line it might be worth trying. We know what Mack can do with those hard working guys with even just a little bit of skill and quite frankly Parise still has a lot of skill.
It looked like Bednar was trying out Parise with MacK a few times. There were also at least two shifts of Parise - MacK - Mikko.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Bednar realized the rest of the team got a head start on being dog-ass tired so he's trying to get Parise up to speed double-shifting his ass left and right.

The Avalanche method. Parise's wheels should fall off before playoffs. Bednar way!

Dont leave extra energy for the playoffs. :P

I figured this was going to turn out to be a good signing but it has even exceeded expectations already.

Him skipping the first half of the season has been great for his stamina. If this is the play we get the rest of the season it will be huge in the playoffs. His game is just made for those games.

True. 82 game regular season is cruel even for the players who are in their prime. Playing less games would benefit many players. Just less wear and tear. Not to mention, for good team many of these games are boring or meaningless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad