Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Tomas Tatar to 1-year, $1.5M deal

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
There was a time early in the third period that I literally forgot he was playing. Then I saw him with the puck curl back in his own zone and pass it off to his teammate that I was like holy shit he's in the lineup.

Crazy.
Isn't this every night? This guys abiliy to disappear in plain sight needs to be studied by the CIA

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Well, I predicted he would disappear when the playoffs came around. Looks like the only thing I was wrong about was that I was six months late.
Maybe he's doing a switcharoo and is going to win the Conn Smythe now.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I thought this signing was a nice move, man I was really wrong on this one.

He's f***ing terrible. Well you get what you pay for, at this point the Avs need to stop going after these type guys and just let guys like Tufte and Pavel get shots, it's cheaper and and they'll give more shits when they are in the lineup.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Would be nice to ship Tatar out and use his cap on Kane. Drouin has disappointed too but IMO shown more than Tatar (albeit with more opportunity). Plus at league min he's the better guy to hold until Kovalenko comes over

pont

Jul 1, 2019
Never been a big fan of Tartar, but with Colorado's cap situation it kinda made sense. I am willing to wait another 6 or so games to see if he starts to gel with the rest of the team, but I don't see much there at this point.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
My position hasn't changed. There isn't a guy in the league with a worst playoff record (biggest regular season and postseason disparity) than Tatar. Frozen out in the Vegas finals run, frozen out in the Montreal finals run, and did next to nothing with New Jersey last year. Puts us much closer to the cap and will force us to do cap juggling gymnastics when the injuries inevitably hit. Potentially makes a deadline trade for an actual asset harder as there will need to be more money shipped out to balance.
Looks like I was wrong. Tatar was easy to get rid of.

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad