Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Tomas Tatar to 1-year, $1.5M deal

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Appalling playoff history, but the team is thin enough up front that I'm glad they added a competent top nine forward who can score. Anything that helps ease some of the pressure on the big guys to carry the scoring. Also gives them a forward who can credibly slot in the top six, which is fantastic, since our flexibility on that front until this signing was poor, to say the least.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - RyJo - Mikko
Wood - Colton - Tatar
Cogs - Meyers - LOC

It just looks so much better. The only weak points in theory are 1LW and 4C. And 1LW has a small chance to not even be a weak point. You can actually rely on that 3rd line to generate offensive zone time now and have some scoring threat... And it puts more pressure on Drouin to actually perform.

That's plenty good enough to get them through the regular season. Then you hope for a Landy return in the playoffs.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - RyJo - Mikko
Wood - Colton - Tatar
Cogs - Meyers - LOC

It just looks so much better. The only weak points in theory are 1LW and 4C. And 1LW has a small chance to not even be a weak point.

That's plenty good enough to get them through the regular season. Then you hope for a Landy return in the playoffs.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Lehky starts on the 3rd. Tatar came here to get paid next summer, and I imagine some promises were made to get him here at $1.5 mil.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I like this signing.

I also just checked to see if we played much on a line with Wood, and he did not. Last year he was pretty much stapled to Hischier, with his most common winger partners being Mercer, Zetterlund, and Bratt.

Reactions: Pomee

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Can’t say I’m surprised. We’ve all been calling this for months. Should be a super nice add to the 2nd or 3rd line.

Drouin-Mack-Lehky
Nuke-RyJo-Mikko
Wood-Colton-Tatar

Would be a real solid top 9 in the regular season. Issue is obviously that Tatar is less than useless in the playoffs.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wouldn’t be surprised if Lehky starts on the 3rd. Tatar came here to get paid next summer, and I imagine some promises were made to get him here at $1.5 mil.

Maybe, that could certainly work as well.

Tatar gives them a lot of options honestly. He's a legitimately good regular season guy. Real good play driver. He's good enough that you could almost run Mack and Mikko together again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad