Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Maxim Noreau

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Which is kinda Pejorative Slured considering the D is the biggest problem on the team, and the problem is quality not quantity.

Something definitely has to happen here, unless Josh lost his mind and got talked into throwing millions at depth defenders.

Thing is if you cannot get a top flight D man, you sign several middling ones and hope one can come out of no where to be a top tier one.

Nothing gained or lost here really. Maybe you find a diamond in the rough. Maybe you waive him and someone claims him. Maybe you waive him and he plays in the AHL and gets a call up at some point.

Nothing lost but a few bucks of salary. Potentially something huge gained if he works out.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Agreed. They probably asked for the best D-man in his prime that is playing in Europe. From what I'm reading he was one of the best player in that league, he's won team awards and stuff.

He was the best offensive d-man in the Swiss league over the last 2-3 years and this on a rather bad team. He adapted quickly to the bigger ice surface because of his playing style and his high hockey IQ.

Hopefully you guys will have lots of fun with Maximus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxCwxN4lntM :cry:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They are inexpensive gambles that doesn't hurt Avs flexibility going forward. At least not until Roy throws them an extension for being good warriors.

Avs are a team that are desperate for a PP QB, which is where this signing fits in more than the others. Redmond might have a chance to contribute there too.

There's a bunch of spots there for the taking going forward, so nothing wrong with creating some competition while waiting for that one UFA/prospect/trade that will help.

This guy and the two year one-way deal? Probably was what it would take for him to move from Switzerland to maybe-Cleveland.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
This guy and the two year one-way deal? Probably was what it would take for him to move from Switzerland to maybe-Cleveland.

Yes. Besides offers from the KHL he had two-way offers last off-season. (Unfortunately I don't remember from which team)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Yes. Besides offers from the KHL he had two-way offers last off-season. (Unfortunately I don't remember from which team)

He wasn't eligible to be signed by other teams last offseason in the NHL. He's been a free agent for all of 4 days or so.

Revo

Jun 29, 2011
Quebec City
Jérôme Mésonéro, Victo's GM (including a season and a half with Noreau on the team), would become a full-time scout for Colorado.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Interesting. Never heard of this guy, but I like these random signings, at some point we will find someone good. Benoit/Holden/Guenin all worked out over expectations!

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
I've known Max since he was 11 (was an assistant coach when he was atom and Pee wee) and he always beats expectations.

Offensively, he's smart and gifted, great leadership, and he works hard.

Defensively, still need to works but he can hold is own...

In Switzerland, in the last 3 seasons, he's arguably the best offensive D-Man in that league, is stats relates well to the one of Streit, Diaz, Josi and other swiss D playing in the NHL.

That being said, i am not going to pretend that he will redefine defensive play in the NHL but as a 5-6 or 7 D, on the second PP unit, i think he will do a good job and may surprise....

i could be wrong, but the kid usually beats expectations....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad