Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Maxim Noreau

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What does he mean by minor league contract? Thats a baseball term dummy.

Maybe the report is wrong and he signed a two way deal or even just a deal with LEM.

Or Maybe it's Dater making assumptions again without checking on the contract details.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dater says 1 year 2-way deal but other sources say 2 years 1-way deal. Hmm.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 1m
Avs now tell me that Maxim Noreau indeed has a one-way contract and will be at camp in Sept. They originally said minor-league deal

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Seems questionable to give a guy with no NHL experience a one-way contract.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Oh Dater... wonder how long it takes him to delete his 1 year and minor league deal tweets. :laugh:

Revo

Jun 29, 2011
Quebec City
I really like the general moves of the Avalanche organization... better to use pro scouts to try to find latent potential than to settle for overvalued #4 free agent defencemen. Poor value in signing do add up.

On a more general tone... cap space is now an hockey asset, as draft picks are, and the former seems often overlooked. That's why going for the long ball on low contracts can be viable.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Seems questionable to give a guy with no NHL experience a one-way contract.

One-way contracts mean nothing. All they mean is that you make the same if you play in the NHL or the AHL. Doesn't mean anything about making the team, etc.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Even if Dater doesn't comprehend terminology sounds like the guy is perhaps intended for Lake Erie? Maybe they have to pony up one way contracts to get guys to come over from Euro?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Out of all the NHL teams, Avs make the most bizarre moves. Not necessarily good or bad, just different.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 1m
Avs now tell me that Maxim Noreau indeed has a one-way contract and will be at camp in Sept. They originally said minor-league deal

Haha, yea I'm sure the Avalanche organization got it wrong about what kind of deal they just signed. Calling it a minor league deal. :shakehead

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
One-way contracts mean nothing. All they mean is that you make the same if you play in the NHL or the AHL. Doesn't mean anything about making the team, etc.

It usually means a little bit. You don't make your owners very happy if you're routinely paying guys in the minors close to a million, when they usually make about $50-100k. Not good for the bottom line.

If it happens it happens, but this looks like they're actually planning on doing it for at least a couple guys. Unless they have a couple trades up their sleeves.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Well, duchene loves him, guess we should too (good chance this has a lot to do with duchene)

I fail to see how Duchene got this guy a two-year contract. Maybe he suggested to Roy and Sakic that Noreau was a good guy he played with but other then that I bet a lot of scouting went into Noreau.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I fail to see how Duchene got this guy a two-year contract. Maybe he suggested to Roy and Sakic that Noreau was a good guy he played with but other then that I bet a lot of scouting went into Noreau.

Agreed. They probably asked for the best D-man in his prime that is playing in Europe. From what I'm reading he was one of the best player in that league, he's won team awards and stuff.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

I doubt they blindly signed him because duchene said so, but I can imagine his report went into consideration.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Avs have tons of question marks at D. The more options the better. Fine with this move. There's a good chance Elliott, Redmond, and Wilson are not NHL ready dmen. Holden could regress. Barrie could struggle. Stuart could still be bad. This adds one more flip of the coin so to speak.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
How does this guy get a one way deal? sign me to Lake Erie Patrick, I swear I'll perform at that level!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad