Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Maxim Noreau

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The old Wild prospect? I remember him as a great skater and offensive defensemen, but an absolute mess in the defensive zone.

48 contracts and counting...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't think it's a big deal really. 1-way contract for a player like him just means he'll be getting the same salary whether he's in Lake Erie or Colrado...and it was probably required to get him to sign. Can't hurt having depth in Lake Erie, but I have to believe that he won't be high up on the depth chart.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Hmmm, Stollery was qualified but perhaps he has intentions of going elsewhere and needed to be replaced in Lake Erie. This would seem to be an AHL signing, but if I'm reading it right, he got a one-way deal. I know it just means his salary in the AHL is bigger but still.

EDIT: of course, it says one-way deal in the OP, so I could have read that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well, if it really is a one way contract (I will assume so)... something has to break regarding the defense. Either somebody is going through waivers, getting traded, or bought out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think it's a big deal really. 1-way contract for a player like him just means he'll be getting the same salary whether he's in Lake Erie or Colrado...and it was probably required to get him to sign. Can't hurt having depth in Lake Erie, but I have to believe that he won't be high up on the depth chart.

Noreau went off to Switzerland after his trade to the Devils because they wouldn't guarantee him a NHL spot for the following season. I don't think he would come back to the NHL unless he had a legitimate chance at making the big club. It may not be guaranteed, but he will be given an opportunity.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
So what does our depth chart (approximately) look like? I can fill in what the NHL players are but we have too many (obviously) without sending someone down from Lake Erie to Denver (can this even be done?)

1. EJ
  2. Hejda
  3. Barrie
  4. Stuart
  5. Holden
  6. Redmond
  7. Guenin
  8. Elliot
  9. Wilson

?????

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Combining two Avs trends. Player in Europe and from QMJHL.

c7NJRa2.gif

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
For those thinking about contract numbers, I still wouldn't be too shocked to see them make a trade where they ship our a few for a single player in return.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Noreau went off to Switzerland after his trade to the Devils because they wouldn't guarantee him a NHL spot for the following season. I don't think he would come back to the NHL unless he had a legitimate chance at making the big club. It may not be guaranteed, but he will be given an opportunity.

While that may be true, I would believe that someone like Redmond would be ahead of him on the depth chart (when talking recent defensemen signings).

I guess we'll see when Training Camp rolls around...at least they're doing something to try and address some of the problems though, rather than just continuing to act like it wasn't a glaring need.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
They replaced him with Ryan O'Byrne? Small world... I hope that's not an indication of what we can expect from Noreau if O'Byrne is his replacement.

Also, I don't see where this guy gets much of an opportunity.

Redmond, Guenin and Elliott should all be ahead of him on the depth chart for the right side.

Has to be utter **** then, if they rather let him go and get OByrne than keep him. Seriously.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
While that may be true, I would believe that someone like Redmond would be ahead of him on the depth chart (when talking recent defensemen signings).

I guess we'll see when Training Camp rolls around...at least they're doing something to try and address some of the problems though, rather than just continuing to act like it wasn't a glaring need.

Signing a million depth defenseman doesn't really address any problems though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I would agree on Redmond, but Elliott/Guenin/Wilson are probably all in the air. Elliott mostly as Noreau is more similar to him than anybody else. I really don't think Noreau would come back to the NA, without having some assurance that he would get a legitimate NHL shot.

ROB is Noreau's replacement, but I really doubt that they chose ROB over Noreau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad