Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Kiviranta to PTO

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Between him and Holland we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel on these PTOs. Hoping these guys were just brought in to light a fire under guys like Meyers, Foudy, Pavel etc. and push them a bit.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Stars Board having fun with our signings of Tufte, Olofsson and Kirivanta(PTO). I figure we are just trying to balance what Matt Duchene brings to the table :laugh:

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
This PTO was almost as predictable as the Drouin signing.

As a 13th forward, Kiviranta is fine. As a 12th forward, he doesn't move the needle enough due to his lack of offense.

His 8 goals last year were respectable, but his 1 measly assist isn't cutting it. He had 5 points in 15 playoff games though, and in general has been more productive in his post-season career, so maybe the Avalanche can squeeze 15 points out of him.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And we'll lose 4-3
IMG_1569.gif

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Well it's about time, I called this ages ago. He plays the way Bednar likes, and if he earns a contract he's gonna be a pretty safe, if not underwhelming option. Kills penalties at least.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Best case the Avs get a defensive PKer for the 4th, worst case he sucks and doesn’t make the team. Pretty standard for a PTO so can’t hurt to see if the Avs can get something out of a player people think are done (like with JJ and Nuke).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Stars Board having fun with our signings of Tufte, Olofsson and Kirivanta(PTO). I figure we are just trying to balance what Matt Duchene brings to the table :laugh:
I think Tufte is going to get a lot of NHL games this year. He's been a slow burn of disappointment for the Stars, but his offense was coming around in the AHL finally and he's got skating, size, and some physicality. Bednar doesn't mind pure north/south guys who play simple in the bottom 6 as long as the energy is there. Tufte can do that in spurts. Not sure if it will be sustainable (especially the physicality part), but I do expect he's going to get runs at different times.

Reactions: Gruyeriev

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I posted in the second week of July that the Avs had PTO feelers out on a ton of players.

I knew about Holland, had no clue about this guy. I know of a few more they’re interested in.

They don’t want to wait to compete with other teams in September for PTOs, they have been aggressive and got their offers out early.

I expect a couple of more at the very least, especially since two of the guys I heard about in early July remain unsigned in any league right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad