Confirmed with Link: Avs sign F Samuel Henley

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Another guy that's 6'4"?

Pracey must be throwing fits out there. "You guys don't understand!"

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Him fighting our prospect Dillon Donnelly, both are huge.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I do love this though. If the Everberg signing is true as well, it shows the Avs know they have to try some different things to build the depth back up in the organization. And they're both big guys, which isn't the worst thing. I wonder when Schumacher gets his ELC.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I do love this though. If the Everberg signing is true as well, it shows the Avs know they have to try some different things to build the depth back up in the organization. And they're both big guys, which isn't the worst thing. I wonder when Schumacher gets his ELC.

Maybe their new strategy is, "We know our big club isn't that big up front, so lets just turn our farm club into a team of beasts and we can spot fill the Avs with whoever is playing the best."

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Roy has mentioned Tampa numerous times on building a team. He is trying to skip a few steps and get some depth players in the organization.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I wonder who the signings are going to be at the expense of? Vets like Wyman? Draft picks that could get signed like Clarke? Avs generally haven't signed many college and CHL free agents in the past, have they?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I wonder who the signings are going to be at the expense of? Vets like Wyman? Draft picks that could get signed like Clarke? Avs generally haven't signed many college and CHL free agents in the past, have they?
If the Avs don't sign Clarke, they aren't really losing much. Henley appears to have had a much better season. With guys like Smith and Hishon already in the AHL, and Bourke and possibly Blandisi getting ELC's, they have enough smaller guys.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see both Patterson and Milan let go. Too many goalies with contracts.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Roy has mentioned Tampa numerous times on building a team. He is trying to skip a few steps and get some depth players in the organization.

The thing he likes about Tampa is how they built a competitive farm team that allowed their prospects to gain a lot of experience on what it takes to win. I don't know if these signings will turn LEM into that type of team, but anything can help.

I think they're more with an eye towards getting bigger up front on the Avs. They won't all make the team, but if they're lucky one or two will pan out. Same idea with drafting a bunch of D men in the draft last summer. It's the shotgun approach.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If the Avs don't sign Clarke, they aren't really losing much. Henley appears to have had a much better season. With guys like Smith and Hishon already in the AHL, and Bourke and possibly Blandisi getting ELC's, they have enough smaller guys.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see both Patterson and Milan let go. Too many goalies with contracts.

I didn't really mean Clarke per se, more for example. I'm just saying the Avs might not be too hot on many of the available draft picks.

One goalie for sure I think. Though it's nice to have one on the Cutthroats. Does that guy need an NHL contract though, probably not.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The thing he likes about Tampa is how they built a competitive farm team that allowed their prospects to gain a lot of experience on what it takes to win. I don't know if these signings will turn LEM into that type of team, but anything can help.

I think they're more with an eye towards getting bigger up front on the Avs. They won't all make the team, but if they're lucky one or two will pan out. Same idea with drafting a bunch of D men in the draft last summer. It's the shotgun approach.

I mean fast tracking. By signing some overagers to make LE competitive, and let our draft picks develop properly. Obviously I don't think all these guys are going to be NHLers.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He's playing on the same line as Mantha if I'm not mistaken, so his numbers might be a tad inflated, but he seems like a nice pickup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad