Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Alex Newhook to ELC

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Newhook is really battling out there and trying to be good defensively too. Great to see the confidence in his game. Now that he knows what it feels like, I think he's well on that path of being an every day dependable producer.
he is going to be a great two-way player (utilized as a shutdown center in the worlds)...might not score as much but will play a 200 ft game

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's too early yet to be making broad statements about the 2019 draft class. Most of them are just getting their feet wet in the NHL. I'm happy with Newhook, but I still think Caufield has the ability to be an elite goal scorer in this league. He's struggling right now, but I think he's going to figure it out sooner or later.

Newhook continues to find ways to produce, which is exciting, but I'd still like to see him command the play a little more. If he's our future 2C he's going to need to develop a little more in that area, right now he's being opportunistic mostly.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Caufield IMO will still be a star, Montreal is just a mess right now. I'm neither happy nor sad that the Avs didn't get him, very happy about the players they did get though.

Newhook's hockey sense is kinda what I'm seeing now. He seems to have good read on where to be and when. Finding his usual spot on the power play to one-time it last night just looked so smooth.

He's also not at all afraid to muck it up on the boards and in the crease area.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Now I'm curious what reason I'm missing...
R.20e8576084fef240abbabc38db0e5978

Reactions: Ararana and shadow1

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He's either shifer or smarter with space than Jost. Can actually get into positions to get shots off.
Both really. Tyson can’t do a single thing to create space for himself. But Hook’s skating is a major step up from Jost and his IQ in the O-zone is also much better which is why he finds those soft spots all the time it seems. I’m very happy with Hook so far as he should at minimum be the 3C for the next 5-10 years.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I thought his skating would stand out more than it does, but it’s still a strength.

Love his compete. I think we have at least a 3C of the future and I’m hopeful he can be more than that.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I thought his skating would stand out more than it does, but it’s still a strength.

Love his compete. I think we have at least a 3C of the future and I’m hopeful he can be more than that.
I think he has some pretty good skating. He knows when to conserve energy, and when to turn it on. He isn't out there skating like a madman. Kinda reminds me of Forsberg a bit....he picks good times to coast.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad