Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Alex Newhook to ELC

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
God… if JTC gets re-signed, this board will be a battle royale
The chaos wolf inside me needs to be fed.

I would like to think the Avs can do better this summer, but looking at the market, our cap-space, and trading chips available and I'm not so sure we have enough coin to do better without a fairly major trade. That's why I find it conceivable that JTC might be retained. I mean, he really is a super useful player for a coach because he can literally slot in anywhere other than D or goal and he can play a game that Bednar trusts. Depends on what his ask is really.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The chaos wolf inside me needs to be fed.

I would like to think the Avs can do better this summer, but looking at the market, our cap-space, and trading chips available and I'm not so sure we have enough coin to do better without a fairly major trade. That's why I find it conceivable that JTC might be retained. I mean, he really is a super useful player for a coach because he can literally slot in anywhere other than D or goal and he can play a game that Bednar trusts. Depends on what his ask is really.
Don't give Bednar any ideas!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I want to be here for it because its going down.
war-ready-ready.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What I do believe happened is that Jost getting traded woke Compher the f*** up. He realized his inconsistency issues were putting him in the same boat.

I think this is exactly what happened and noticed it at the time too. Classic wake up kind of moment. JTC was a very different player after Jost was traded.

He finally started playing that hard nosed, go to the net, two way style on a consistent game to game basis, that we had been hoping for since he was brought in. Instead of just a few games a year.

It was great too see. Helped them win the Cup and it's carried over to this year. I think he can continue that level of play too, but I think he'll be too expensive to re-sign for the Avs either way. They can't gamble on contracts like that anymore.

I don't think they'll be doing anymore long term deals anytime soon either. They've done a ton of those recently and they need some flexibility to make changes if necessary. Bo after a bridge and maybe Toews in a couple years, but that's it for a while.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think this is exactly what happened and noticed it at the time too. Classic wake up kind of moment. JTC was a very different player after Jost was traded.

He finally started playing that hard nosed, go to the net, two way style on a consistent game to game basis, that we had been hoping for since he was brought in. Instead of just a few games a year.

It was great too see. Helped them win the Cup and it's carried over to this year. I think he can continue that level of play too, but I think he'll be too expensive to re-sign for the Avs either way. They can't gamble on contracts like that anymore.

I don't think they'll be doing anymore long term deals anytime soon either. They've done a ton of those recently and they need some flexibility to make changes if necessary. Bo after a bridge and maybe Toews in a couple years, but that's it for a while.

Can't committ to supporting cast players anymore. It can be long term, if it's like 30% below market value AAV.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad