GDT: Avs @ Sharks - Who fights Stuart?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm a Stastny defender so take this FWIW...but I thought he looked good save for OT when he looked gassed. His line got better as the game went along.

Varly was just spectacular. Too bad they could not get him that 2nd point.

Shoulda used Jones instead of Mitchell in the SO.

Lol woah..... lets not get out of hand here I think we were actually trying to get that extra point tonight, if Sacco was down with the all out tank he would have thrown Jones out there 1st

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yah just like I was talkin non sense about Duchene being injured. Watch Stastny the guy just couldnt care less out there and his stat line shows it. Yah he was good defensively but hes getting paid to put the puck in the net or atleast I dont know make a pass that connects with one of his teammates.

Stastny quit producing when the Avs started going away from a PMD, I don't think that is a coincidence. If Stastny moves on, he will start to produce offensively again.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, he should play like McGinn does. He is better at doing it than Jamie as well.

Thats one thing I love about McGinn. It pisses me off that he can't finish the way he was last season but every game I swear it seems like he has 25-50% of our shots, be it on goal, blocked or wide, he is not afraid to shoot. Need more players like him and Johnny Malkin

Mant*

I don't like how Landeskog is changning his game from last season. Might have something to do with how he played in Sweden. He came in, was hitting everybody, shooting from every angle. Dominating. Then he was trying to convert to some playmaker and that seems to be the case here too. He is keeping the puck too long trying to be smart, finding those perfect passes. Should go back to what he knows best and turn viking mode back on.

He wont get as many goals as long as they refuse to play him in front of the goal on the PP, but he would still be alot more effective than he is right now.

Had he changed his game playing in Sweden or has it just been the past three games? I never saw any footage of him in Sweden during the lockout.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Stastny quit producing when the Avs started going away from a PMD, I don't think that is a coincidence. If Stastny moves on, he will start to produce offensively again.

We have Barrie who can push the puck up pretty good. His problem is his compete level its just non existent. He doesnt fight for loose pucks the way he could. The guy has skills yet he plays like hes Jeff Odgers with the puck.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Friggin Rycroft talking about Dorritos being a good chip pack too at the end of the day, haha. He's the best thing by far involving any Avalanche coverage. Guy is an awesome combination of goofiness, honest critique, and some smart analysis.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Thats one thing I love about McGinn. It pisses me off that he can't finish the way he was last season but every game I swear it seems like he has 25-50% of our shots, be it on goal, blocked or wide, he is not afraid to shoot. Need more players like him and Johnny Malkin

Mcginn also works his ass off game in game out. Hes just been painfully unlucky for watever reason this season. He keeps pressing the goals will eventually come

Mant*

Oooohhh, that new Midwest division is awesome. I've been so sick of watching the norhtwest teams over and over and over.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Had he changed his game playing in Sweden or has it just been the past three games? I never saw any footage of him in Sweden during the lockout.

When he came into Sweden, he was dominating, hitting and shooting at everything. Just like he did last season. But then I guess he felt like he should be more creative at that level, I mean the 2nd tier league in Sweden, and he was converting to a playmaker and it didn't work at all and alot of fans were frustrated at him for not playing the style he does best. And didn't even mind him leaving when his contract expired.

It looks like he has brought that to the NHL now, but I hope someone has a word with him about that real soon.

He is averaging less than 3 shots per game now

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We have Barrie who can push the puck up pretty good. His problem is his compete level its just non existent. He doesnt fight for loose pucks the way he could. The guy has skills yet he plays like hes Jeff Odgers with the puck.

Having 1 in the lineup is far different than having 3-4. Stastny has also rarely been on the ice with Barrie this year. The Barrie-Hejda pairing was mainly with the 4th line and Duchene's line.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
When he came into Sweden, he was dominating, hitting and shooting at everything. Just like he did last season. But then I guess he felt like he should be more creative at that level, I mean the 2nd tier league in Sweden, and he was converting to a playmaker and it didn't work at all and alot of fans were frustrated at him for not playing the style he does best. And didn't even mind him leaving when his contract expired.

It looks like he has brought that to the NHL now, but I hope someone has a word with him about that real soon.

Hahah good luck with that. If we had a coach he would prolly sit Lando down and show him footage of games he had last season and what made him successful...but we dont have a coach.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think Landeskog has changed his game. He's just not played all that much and has yet to find his stride. Of all the things to worry about, that should be the last one.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Hahah good luck with that. If we had a coach he would prolly sit Lando down and show him footage of games he had last season and what made him successful...but we dont have a coach.

Could be enough if just some journo ask him about it in some interview, it might get him to wake up a bit. Dunno.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Friggin Rycroft talking about Dorritos being a good chip pack too at the end of the day, haha. He's the best thing by far involving any Avalanche coverage. Guy is an awesome combination of goofiness, honest critique, and some smart analysis.
Yeah love him too. I'm so glad they finally started to use the analyst during both intermissions. I never understood why they were using them only in the first period in the previous years. COL must have been the only team in the NHL to do that. All you would get in the second intermissions was commercials. It was so frustrating.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I don't think Landeskog has changed his game. He's just not played all that much and has yet to find his stride. Of all the things to worry about, that should be the last one.

Hopefully not. But I saw him during every game of the lockout so I guess that's why I'm a bit concerned. He really went from being a superstar to someone who couldn't crack top 6 in the lineup of a team in the 2nd tier league in Sweden during a time spell of like 15 games.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
It's actually a good point that the couple of shifts where Stastny was most effective today came with some quick transition passes from Barrie. Still, the effort just isn't there. It's bizarre, he's even been worse defensively and on faceoffs lately. He isn't winning puck battles along the boards. Either he's pulling a Gomez and truly regressing or he just doesn't care out there, one or the other.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
It's actually a good point that the couple of shifts where Stastny was most effective today came with some quick transition passes from Barrie. Still, the effort just isn't there. It's bizarre, he's even been worse defensively and on faceoffs lately. He isn't winning puck battles along the boards. Either he's pulling a Gomez and truly regressing or he just doesn't care out there, one or the other.

The day we trade him everyone will be so disappointed at the return. He will be a pending UFA coming off a couple of bad season. Look at the return Derek Roy and Mike Ribeiro got. It's gonna be like the Liles-trade.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
The day we trade him everyone will be so disappointed at the return. He will be a pending UFA coming off a couple of bad season. Look at the return Derek Roy and Mike Ribeiro got. It's gonna be like the Liles-trade.

Agreed, if this keeps up we'll probably get a late 1st for him tops.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he simply tuned Sacco out.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Well, I hate to mod and run, but I'm out of here. Thanks for behaving. Goodluck the rest of the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad