GDT: Avs @ Sharks (Again): And For Those Reasons...I'm Out (8:30 MT)

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Equally well.
I'll be honest, I sometimes forget Kuri played for the Avs and I imagine Temmu would prefer to forget he played for the Avs. Other than getting to spend time with his buddy Paul, that was a not a fun year. The Finnish Flash had lost his flash and desperately needed those knees fixed.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Did Ben Myers get his life sorted out in the AHL? He's looked good.

He looked good last game but that was also against a Sharks team that's one of the worst in the league. He was also uproariously shitty in the previous game against the same exact team.

There's a ray of hope but I'm still very skeptical.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
20230407_133535.jpg
20230407_133538.jpg

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
He looked good last game but that was also against a Sharks team that's one of the worst in the league. He was also uproariously shitty in the previous game against the same exact team.

There's a ray of hope but I'm still very skeptical.

I disagree, I think he had a good first half of the game and a bad second half.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I haven't slogged through all the posts here because I feel asleep before the 3rd period and had to watch the rest this morning, but how many times did Moser and Rycroft identify Reimer as Kaakonen after the goalie change? I think at least 3.

Or maybe Reimer identifies as Kaakonen and they were just being respectful.

"I just CAN'T believe it" :sarcasm:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I disagree, I think he had a good first half of the game and a bad second half.

The man played, like, six minutes IIRC and managed to post numbers akin to leaving MacDermid out there in 3-on-3 against the Oilers. He had maybe one or two shifts where he looked good on the forecheck, but that was it. He was plain bad in the defensive zone and absolutely blew an obvious defensive play that led to a goal against. He was bad. And this is coming from someone who very much wants Meyers to succeed at the NHL level.

Conversely, he looked a lot better in the next game, as did Newhook (BTW, blown defensive assignment by him in a Sharks goal against last night, but that may have also been some miscommunication on Compher's part).

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Agreed. Altitude gets it. Hockey is entertainment, not Walter Cronkite reporting the Kennedy assassination like some broadcast teams around the league try to play it.
Yeah but some of us don’t drink is it some sort of plug for a business? Dudes jerking off to booze. I can’t even put it intobwords

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah but some of us don’t drink is it some sort of plug for a business? Dudes jerking off to booze. I can’t even put it intobwords
No it’s not a plug. The whiskeys Johnny is sipping are likely waaaay outta our price range.

The only time they actually plugged booze was Pink Whitney when it was being sold at Ryker’s liquor store. But they haven’t even mentioned it in years.

Reactions: Avs91

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
No it’s not a plug. The whiskeys Johnny is sipping are likely waaaay outta our price range.

The only time they actually plugged booze was Pink Whitney when it was being sold at Ryker’s liquor store. But they haven’t even mentioned it in years.
One of Johnny’s bottles of Pappy’s is about 3/4 gone after the cup win lol can’t think of a better time to drink that though…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad