GDT: Avs @ Sabres | 11 AM MT | Hello, Mr. Thompson

Right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
MacKinnon really needs to get it together, he's spending the time not only floating at every chance he gets, but he's too busy trying to put himself on every refs nought list as well.

Avs definitely needs to clean up the defensive zone though. That's more of a concern than getting shut out in back-to-back games. They've allowed the 4th most dangerous scoring chances in the league with the Flames in first. No other Cup contender is that high.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So how many games into the season do we start to panic about the new guys not providing enough depth? I'll give it about a quarter of the season before I get antsy.
I was most worried about RyJo coming into the season and he’s been about how I expected. Flashes here and there but leaves you wanting.

Coltons who I’m most worried about right now. I thought being a full time 3C may have too much for him, but figured his skill set would translate well but I think he’s been underwhelming thus far.

Reactions: The Pwnerer

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I'm so glad I picked up 6K with my last add so that my opponent couldn't pick him up. Just had a hunch

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I made a complete mess of the times yesterday and realised this game was on some time during the first intermission. I've just finished watching it now. Can I go back to forgetting it was on?

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I made a complete mess of the times yesterday and realised this game was on some time during the first intermission. I've just finished watching it now. Can I go back to forgetting it was on?

Sorry man. You cannot unsee what was seen around here.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah but Blues are a bad team and if Avs can’t even beat them at home after being shutout the last two games, then there is really something wrong with the team
Buffalo and the Pens arent exactly world beaters either and the Avs just ate a bag of dicks WITH rest in between those games. I wouldnt be surprised if the Avs lost to the Blues. I also wouldnt be surprised if the Avs put up 7 on them.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Buffalo and the Pens arent exactly world beaters either and the Avs just ate a bag of dicks WITH rest in between those games. I wouldnt be surprised if the Avs lost to the Blues. I also wouldnt be surprised if the Avs put up 7 on them.
We should be ok playing at home.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm so sick of NHL refs being coddled. Every single game they're terrible. How the hell was there no penalty on that hit on Makar?

Only profession in the world where you can make big mistakes every single work day, and not only are you never held accountable, anybody who criticizes you gets fined thousands of dollars.

And seeing Okposo smirk at the end of the game at Manson was a little much. Not happy that no one made him answer the bell for that hit in a game the Avs clearly weren't winning. Gabe would have fought him.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
It was RyJo with the poke to the eye of Kuemper. Georgiev was 7th in Vezina voting last year. This Avs team has a lot of new players, it’s gonna take time to build chemistry. Not sure why suddenly Georgiev is not the goalie Avs can win with. When they won 6 in a row, Georgiev was awesome, last two games he struggled just like the whole team who can’t score
I mean it wasn’t just those two games the islander game where he had a save precentage of .875 and the canes game where he was an .852 .833 against the pens and .893 against Buffalo his two of the 4 games he was good against was against the sharks and blackhawks

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean it wasn’t just those two games the islander game where he had a save precentage of .875 and the canes game where he was an .852 .833 against the pens and .893 against Buffalo his two of the 4 games he was good against was against the sharks and blackhawks
The Avs as a team haven’t been very good even during that 6 game win streak. They’re still trying to figure it out. I think the only good game they’ve played so far this year was against the Sharks

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The Avs as a team haven’t been very good even during that 6 game win streak. They’re still trying to figure it out. I think the only good game they’ve played so far this year was against the Sharks
You’re shifting the goalposts here. My whole comment was directed to Georgiev.

Yes this team needs to gel. But we will not have a good season if we still see numbers like that from Georgiev all season.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You’re shifting the goalposts here. My whole comment was directed to Georgiev.

Yes this team needs to gel. But we will not have a good season if we still see numbers like that from Georgiev all season.
It’s a two way street. Georgiev won’t have good numbers if the team in front of him doesn’t play better

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I'm so sick of NHL refs being coddled. Every single game they're terrible. How the hell was there no penalty on that hit on Makar?

Only profession in the world where you can make big mistakes every single work day, and not only are you never held accountable, anybody who criticizes you gets fined thousands of dollars.

And seeing Okposo smirk at the end of the game at Manson was a little much. Not happy that no one made him answer the bell for that hit in a game the Avs clearly weren't winning. Gabe would have fought him.
You don't watch the NFL much, my friend.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
You don't watch the NFL much, my friend.
NFL officials just boggle my mind. Though any discussions of football must recognize the absurdity of part-time officials. Of course, there is that 8th official up in the booth, and therein lies the problem will all sports: too MUCH officiating. In the universe there are two immutable facts: 1 - nothing can ever be 100% correct and 2) 100% of the time, there will be at least one person who simply had to say, " The refs sucked!"

We have raised a generation of prima donna athletes. I want my football team to have Alex Karras clones throughout and the rules in place then. Ditto the early 70s Flyers. And let's mandate that every centerfield has granite monuments at the warning track in 461ft centerfield. Hell, does baseball truly need umpires at all? The NBA is tinkering with Hawkeye - the thing tennis and soccer use for challenges. With some improvements, wouldn't that be all that is needed for baseball? Perhaps even parts of hockey?

I guess the point is that we have legislated all the games to death, and set officials up for failure. Send out a memo with video. The ticky-tacky stuff is not being called anymore. Officials instead are concentrating on definitive game-changing misdeeds. It's pretty clear that officials in all sports simply cannot keep up with the size, speed, and agility of contemporary sports. The answer is NOT to add even lower tolerances for errors. Make sure that the obvious calls get called. Ignore the ticky-tacky stuff. Buy stock in a tin foil company as demand would probably increase.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I was most worried about RyJo coming into the season and he’s been about how I expected. Flashes here and there but leaves you wanting.

Coltons who I’m most worried about right now. I thought being a full time 3C may have too much for him, but figured his skill set would translate well but I think he’s been underwhelming thus far.

Are we missing JT Compher yet?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Spent most of Sunday at the ER (I’m fine, just felt like shit over the weekend and Urgent Care suggested I get a CT scan) and that sounds like it was a hell of a lot more fun than watching this game.
It was about as entertaining as an episode of the Tell it Avs it is podcast.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Spent most of Sunday at the ER (I’m fine, just felt like shit over the weekend and Urgent Care suggested I get a CT scan) and that sounds like it was a hell of a lot more fun than watching this game.
Take care buddy. I would suggest lots of rest and maybe rewatching the 22 playoffs instead of the Avs for the next week or so until they gel as a team.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad