GDT: Avs @ Sabres | 11 AM MT | Hello, Mr. Thompson

Right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Okposo is not a dirty player. Doesn't have a reputation for illegal hits. Exorcize your anger and get real.
That doesn’t really mean anything. I made clean tackles for years growing up and in my last game misjudged badly, absolutely destroyed someone’s ankle and got the first card (actually surprised it was only a yellow) that was ever shown in a game I played. You can not mean to hurt someone (and feel badly about it) and still make a really bad decision and dirty play

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean if this is the worst stretch of hockey they play all year that’d be nice
I think there will be more struggles. Bednar even said this team doesn’t have identity yet. There are just too many new players who have to play important roles and need to build chemistry and the team still needs to figure out what type of a game they’re going to play

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Gotta say of the newcomers, Colton has impressed me the least.

He seems to be a fairly mediocre skater, and has no ability to generate offense. He also hasn't gotten into many positions to get his shot off.

Drouin has not been great but has at least been generating chances.

Wood seems a step behind the pace of play every shift.

Johansen has at least produced, won his faceoffs and looked good in the d-zone.

Need more from Colton on line 3.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Perhaps Benett should have them practise to play it simple then.

PP being too stagnant means there’s zero alternative strategy/tactical play to the thing we have seem them do so far.

It is bennett’s fcking actual job to figure it out. Ffs
Again, do you seriously think he is asking them to be this inconvenient on the PP and only attempt cross seam one timers?

We have seen the Avs PP humming before. They are in constant motion, have quick puck retrievals and get tons of shots.

One thing plaguing them is a lack of puck retrievals. MacKinnon/Rantanen don't want to do it on the PP and Johansen is too slow. It is left to Lehkonen.

The Avs PP with two of Lehkonen/Landeskog/Nichushkin/Rodrigues being net front presences and puck hounds made things easy for the 3 perimeter stars.

Johansen has produced but it might be time to try Nichushkin there instead to see if it gets clicking again.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Again, do you seriously think he is asking them to be this inconvenient on the PP and only attempt cross seam one timers?

We have seen the Avs PP humming before. They are in constant motion, have quick puck retrievals and get tons of shots.

One thing plaguing them is a lack of puck retrievals. MacKinnon/Rantanen don't want to do it on the PP and Johansen is too slow. It is left to Lehkonen.

The Avs PP with two of Lehkonen/Landeskog/Nichushkin/Rodrigues being net front presences and puck hounds made things easy for the 3 perimeter stars.

Johansen has produced but it might be time to try Nichushkin there instead to see if it gets clicking again.
MacK is the slingshot. He's not supposed to be retiring those pucks. We need RyJo for the faceoffs. If anyone on PP 1 get replaced, it'll be Lehky.

And the fact that all of our players stand around on the PP is 110% on Bennett. That's the PP system and it's horrible.

Reactions: CobraAcesS and arun

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
MacK is the slingshot. He's not supposed to be retiring those pucks. We need RyJo for the faceoffs. If anyone on PP 1 get replaced, it'll be Lehky.

And the fact that all of our players stand around on the PP is 110% on Bennett. That's the PP system and it's horrible.
The PP has succeeded before without Johansen. Mikko is quite good on draws.

No, it's not all on Bennett. Do the players get the credit when the PP is great but avoid criticism when the PP goes cold? That's not how it works.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The PP has succeeded before without Johansen. Mikko is quite good on draws.

No, it's not all on Bennett. Do the players get the credit when the PP is great but avoid criticism when the PP goes cold? That's not how it works.
Mikko does still take the daraws on the right side when RyJo gets kicked out. He's not good on the left side. That's why Compher was on that unit last season.

I don't know about other posters, but I've ALWAYS said I f***ing hate our PP system and how we do zone entries. The only time our PP actually looked good and stable was the cup run season. When literally everything was working.1 year isn't enough. We need a new PP system.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland

Still bennett is the coach to figure sh*t out isnt he? With this crop of players a coach should be able to work stuff out

Do the players get the credit when the PP is great but avoid criticism when the PP goes cold? That's not how it works.
Same goes for bennett and its been cold as fck

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Well we ain’t going no where with Georgiev as our goalie.

I remember some posters talking shit to me… where ya at

BowB4Bolts

Aug 6, 2021
Tampa
Gotta say of the newcomers, Colton has impressed me the least.

He seems to be a fairly mediocre skater, and has no ability to generate offense. He also hasn't gotten into many positions to get his shot off.

Drouin has not been great but has at least been generating chances.

Wood seems a step behind the pace of play every shift.

Johansen has at least produced, won his faceoffs and looked good in the d-zone.

Need more from Colton on line 3.
As a Bolts fan, Colton is where offensive opportunities go to die.

• Haha

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
IMG_5994.jpeg

Live look at this sub

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
Things I noticed:
1: I have a love/hate relationship with Mikko. He can literally carry the team, but when he is complaining to the refs on every play and not dictating play it bugs the #@%! out of me.
2: Cale looked better AFTER getting boarded and tweaking his knee. Just weird.
3: Colton.....I was so excited to get you, but what exactly do you do?
4: Forwards put zero effort into back checking and helping the defense. I know we have a run and gun style, but when you are giving up 3 on 2's and not getting back....uh help?
5: Can we try a D instead of Johnson? I know everyone hates Manson (the puck carry turnover was awful) but he has good plays as well. Johnson is the forgotten cheese at the back of the drawer....has some mold, you could cut it off, but is it still worth it?
6: I think this will be a blip and the team will start figuring it out.
7: Absolutely no puck bounces going our way the last two games. Going to simply have to work through it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Well we ain’t going no where with Georgiev as our goalie.

I remember some posters talking shit to me… where ya at
It’s not Georgiev’s fault the team can’t score a goal. Avs won the cup with Kuemper and Georgiev is better than Kuemper. They just need to figure it out and start scoring goals again

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
It’s not Georgiev’s fault the team can’t score a goal. Avs won the cup with Kuemper and Georgiev is better than Kuemper. They just need to figure it out and start scoring goals again
Bro Georgiev last year had a .253 and a 919% Kuemper had a .254 and a 921%

So where exactly Georgiev better? Georgiev gives up just as many softies as Kuemper.

I don’t know why you mention us scoring goals I didn’t say anything about it. That’s a separate issue

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bro Georgiev last year had a .253 and a 919% Kuemper had a .254 and a 921%

So where exactly Georgiev better? Georgiev gives up just as many softies as Kuemper.

I don’t know why you mention us scoring goals I didn’t say anything about it. That’s a separate issue
Kuemper had a cup winning team in front of him. You put Georgiev in net the year Avs won the cup, and his numbers would be better than Kuemper’s and Avs would probably go 16-2 instead of 16-4 in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad