Pre-Game Talk: Avs Round-Robin Thread

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah it isnt even close how Chicago is a better matchup for us.

Arizona have a tight defensive system, the goaltending and also Hall seems on a mission...he knows it's his time to show people that he's still good and he wants that big UFA contract.

Hawks are all over the place, shaky defense and goaltending. Normally we should feast on that.

Didn't the Avs struggle with the Hawks a little this year? I seem to remember a lot of Avs fans cracking jokes that the tables have turned since for some weird reason, it was the Avs giving the Hawks all kinds of trouble when The latter’s contention window was still wide open.

Admiral Awesome

Jun 8, 2015
Didn't the Avs struggle with the Hawks a little this year? I seem to remember a lot of Avs fans cracking jokes that the tables have turned since for some weird reason, it was the Avs giving the Hawks all kinds of trouble when The latter’s contention window was still wide open.
The Avs went 3-1 against the Blackhawks with a +7 goal differential, so take from that what you will.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Saw this comment on Avs Facebook:

"Whoever wins is gonna have to play Chicago. And honestly, it would be better to throw the game and take second. But then again, to be the best, you have to beat the best."

Should really ask the guy why he only went back five years in his time machine.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Avs steamrolled over the Hawks in 3 of the 4 games.

Both teams score a lot but the Hawks cannot defend. It's the easiest matchup available. Arizona is obviously a weaker team than the Avs but they could get results with their low scoring style.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Saw this comment on Avs Facebook:

"Whoever wins is gonna have to play Chicago. And honestly, it would be better to throw the game and take second. But then again, to be the best, you have to beat the best."

Should really ask the guy why he only went back five years in his time machine.

Delusion strong in him

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Creeped the Arizona boards this morning, sounds like they unanimously want Colorado, mostly because Vegas smokes them and Reeves is living rent free there.

Reactions: Richard88

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
So in case of a loss tomorrow, this is the lineup AZ iced today.

Hall - Dvorak - Kessel
Keller - Stepan - Garland
Crouse - Soderberg - Fischer
Grabner - Richardson - Hinostroza

Ekman-Larsson - Demers
Goligoski - Hjalmarsson
Chychrun - Osterle

Kuemper

Certainly worse offensively than Chicago, but much stouter on the blue line.
I think it’s cheating that they have 3 D on that top “pair”.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Regarding who I want to face between Arizona and Chicago,.... my answer is both. ;)

Round 1 vs Chicago
Round 2 vs Arizona (after they eliminate Vegas)
giphy.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ok, now that we screwed up and lost the very important Vegas game...

Our only way out of facing the Blues in round 2 (assuming that both the Blues and Avs pass round 1) is the following:

Dallas win tomorrow. Stars beat Flames in round 1.

So we must cheer for the Stars or else our Stanley Cup Finals path is likely to be a very tough one:

Arizona
STL
Vegas (they have the last change)

Yikes!

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Our only way out of facing the Blues in round 2 (assuming that both the Blues and Avs pass round 1) is the following:

So we must cheer for the Stars or else our Stanley Cup Finals path is likely to be a very tough one:

Arizona
STL

Yikes!
Who does Vegas get in round 2?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I've very little faith in Dallas though...I don't think they win tomorrow and even if they do I don't think they beat the Flames.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Arizona
STL

Yikes!
We could also avoid facing the Blues in round 2 if they lose against Calgary or Vancouver. Shame that we couldn't get the top seed but hopefully things can work in our favour if Dallas win tomorrow.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Well, I mean if we don't get the easy path, then who do they get on the easy path?
Vegas get the easiest path now. First they play Chicago, and then whoever causes an upset out of Calgary/Vancouver/Arizona or the loser of Dallas/St Louis. They also get last change in game 7's all the way to the WCF.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Vegas get the easiest path now. First they play Chicago, and then whoever causes an upset out of Calgary/Vancouver/Arizona or the loser of Dallas/St Louis. They also get last change in game 7's all the way to the WCF.
Yeah today's game was way bigger than most people realize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad