Pre-Game Talk: Avs Round-Robin Thread

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well, that means if the Avs, Blues, and Knights advance...the Blues and Knights would have to face each other in the second round, while the Avs (or Coyotes) would face the winner of the Stars / Flames?

To be honest I have not really paid attention to how this format is organized, so I'm probably out to lunch :laugh:

Reactions: Lemonlimey

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Well, that means if the Avs, Blues, and Knights advance...the Blues and Knights would have to face each other in the second round, while the Avs (or Coyotes) would face the winner of the Stars / Flames?

It gets reseeded every round. So it would be 1 Vegas v 4 Blues and 2 Avs v 3 Stars.

Reactions: Avs44

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If things go the way they’re supposed to, we actually benefitted by losing to LV yesterday since we’d play Dallas in round 2 and LV gets St. Louis.

However things won’t go the way they’re supposed to. There’ll be upsets. Let’s just hope Chicago over Vegas is one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

To be honest I have not really paid attention to how this format is organized, so I'm probably out to lunch :laugh:
There's re-seeding after each round, so if Arizona beat us they'd play Vegas (or whoever the remaining top seed is).

1 Vegas
2 Colorado
3 Dallas
4 St. Louis
7 Vancouver
8 Calgary
11 Arizona
12 Chicago

1 Vegas vs 12 Chicago
2 Colorado vs 11 Arizona
3 Dallas vs 8 Calgary
4 St. Louis vs 7 Vancouver

The only way we'd face St. Louis in the 2nd round is if Calgary beats Dallas (in which case it would be Vegas vs Calgary and Colorado vs St. Louis).

If all the top seeds win then we face Dallas in the 2nd round.

If Vegas and Colorado win and Dallas and Blues lose then we play Vancouver.

The only two teams we're guaranteed to not face until the WCF are Vegas and Calgary.

Last edited:
Reactions: McJedi and Avs44

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
If the Blues beat Dallas today then we face STL in round 2.

....and it doesn't bode well since they'll be missing their 1C and 1G

This is why the games are played.

i understand people have preferences. But, it’s been 5 months. You can throw out everything you think you know about what happened in the regular season.

this is essentially the start of a brand new season.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Whilst I think it's great that Blues finished 4th, it does feel kinda unfair for both Boston and St. Louis to be the 4th seeds when they were so far ahead in the regular season.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Whilst I think it's great that Blues finished 4th, it does feel kinda unfair for both Boston and St. Louis to be the 4th seeds when they were so far ahead in the regular season.
Nope. Screw 'em!

They needed 3 games to hang onto their division lead instead of 11 games left in the regular season to hold onto their lead with the Avalanche nipping at their heels.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
St Louis was 2 points up on the avs...while playing one more game. Boston was the only one well ahead. St Louis was still fighting for #1 in the west with the avs.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
St Louis was 2 points up on the avs...while playing one more game. Boston was the only one well ahead. St Louis was still fighting for #1 in the west with the avs.
I should have said that Blues were way ahead of 3rd, and Boston way ahead of 2nd. We obviously could have caught St Louis to make them 2nd, but that's better than being 4th. Nobody was catching Boston either.

Anyways, it's obviously not something I care a lot about. Just saying that if we had finished 4th after the regular season we had it would have been more than a little bit annoying.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
There's re-seeding after each round, so if Arizona beat us they'd play Vegas (or whoever the remaining top seed is).

1 Vegas
2 Colorado
3 Dallas
4 St. Louis
7 Vancouver
8 Calgary
11 Arizona
12 Chicago

1 Vegas vs 12 Chicago
2 Colorado vs 11 Arizona
3 Dallas vs 8 Calgary
4 St. Louis vs 7 Vancouver

The only way we'd face St. Louis in the 2nd round is if Calgary beats Dallas (in which case it would be Vegas vs Calgary and Colorado vs St. Louis).

If all the top seeds win then we face Dallas in the 2nd round.

If Vegas and Colorado win and Dallas and Blues lose then we play Vancouver.

The only two teams we're guaranteed to not face until the WCF are Vegas and Calgary.

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad